Talk

Advanced search

Why doesn't fake tan work on my legs?

(10 Posts)
WellTidy Wed 22-Jul-15 13:46:04

The fronts of my legs, from shin to ankle, never ever tan. By this, I mean they don't tan in the sun, but neither do they respond to fake tan.

I have long given up trying to tan in the sun. I am pale and Celtic and I just swell up in the sun.

My knees are really dry, so they absorb product way too easily, and my calves absorb product in what I would consider a normal way. As do my feet and upper legs. But not my shins.

Why??!

cloudsandrain Wed 22-Jul-15 13:48:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GingerFoxInAT0phat Wed 22-Jul-15 13:53:38

I find my shins extremely hard to tan too, and my neck for some reason.

If I fake tan I put a couple of layers on my legs a couple of days before I do the rest of my body to give it more time to develop.

WellTidy Wed 22-Jul-15 14:43:58

oh yes clouds very shiny indeed smile

cloudsandrain Thu 23-Jul-15 10:16:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Annarose2014 Thu 23-Jul-15 11:13:13

Yeah, my arms come out fine but my legs just don't develop colour that well. I have to use Medium-Dark to get a decent result and I'm as white as snow!

The Cocoa Brown Deep one was the best result on my legs. Showed up properly and no streaking.

Sally Hansen is far superior though. At least its reliable and you know what result you're going to get.

violetbunny Thu 23-Jul-15 11:28:53

Have you tried exfoliating first? A good body scrub should help get rid of any dry areas in particular.

moab Thu 23-Jul-15 11:44:59

I have this issue too. Exfoliate etc. the rest of me tans really nicely and I can see if I haven't exfoliated... So I'm not sure what the problem on my legs is

Iatemyskinnyperson Fri 24-Jul-15 00:22:16

Oh me too! Shins are totally immune! I've scalded the back of my neck but shins totally white. 'Tis a mystery

xmaslisa Fri 24-Jul-15 00:41:51

I exfoliate and moisturise and then gradually do it over 2 days try St tropez mousse best I've found

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now