Talk

Advanced search

Can we have a hairstyle chat. A few conditions

(9 Posts)
pnutter Wed 22-Jul-15 12:39:13

Hair currently bra strap ish length.
Condition knackered.
Bleach and colour etc from about mid way down.
Face square very square quite masculine. Small head . Wrinkles. Age 45.
Have a growing out fringe. I do like a Fri he to cover wrinkles.
Jaw quite heavy.
Any ideas? Its in shit condition. I'm tempted to chop it myself. I fancy a Debbie harry look (dream on) with long wrinkle hiding fringe but will this square out my face more?
Thanks for any hints P's I always cut own hair well 9/10 times

Ujjayi Wed 22-Jul-15 13:12:13

To revive the condition, Redken Extreme Shampoo & conditioner. Working wonders on my over-processed, stress & meds damaged locks. It really revives the blonde too & brightened my grey to bright white (so it blends better). There is also a protein leave-in treatment in the same range. LookFantastic have good deals. I've had about 3-4" chopped off too.

pnutter Wed 22-Jul-15 13:27:44

Thanks hadn't really thought of products I shall get some of that. Going to call hairdressers as I can't even get a brush through it and it's breaking off gah

pnutter Wed 22-Jul-15 13:30:53

Got some on ebay . Great thanks .

thefinalcurtain Wed 22-Jul-15 18:27:13

Similar length and condition hair. I like a fringe too and have a square jaw.

I learned to trim my fringe myself to keep it at perfect just above eyebrow length by trimming every month. Also do the mumsnet haircut 2 or 3 times a year, just to take off the worst of the ends gradually.

Use Surya de Brasil shampoo, conditioner and hair mask. Made a huge difference, as did reducing frequency of washes and using dry shampoo on the fringe if it needs a freshen up between washes.

And every month I go to a hairdresser to get a scalp massage, deep conditioning treatment and blow dry/straigteners. Works out much cheaper than regular cuts and makes a big difference to how easy it is to style myself in between times.

pnutter Wed 22-Jul-15 19:58:21

Thank you. I've had about 4 inches off today. Hairdresser was pretty shocked at state.. anyway its so much better and now I will take your hints to get some condition in it

bookishandblondish Wed 22-Jul-15 20:09:19

Eat avocados, salmon and red meat. And loads of green veg.

sonata1 Wed 22-Jul-15 20:31:01

Omega 3 fish oil and Perfectil Hair skin and nails supplement (Always on offer in Asda, 3 for £10) Also Hubner's silica.

pnutter Wed 22-Jul-15 21:51:09

Ooh thanks, more advice. Can't believe I let my hair get to the point of snapping off ..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now