Talk

Advanced search

Fly London footwear - anybody have a pair and would you recommend?

(10 Posts)
Lottapianos Wed 22-Jul-15 09:57:26

I've been looking at their website and they have some absolutely fab boots, prices not bad either, about �120 - 140. The website is a bit frustrating and there's not much information about the composition of the shoes, and only a photo of each pair from one angle.

If you have a pair, would you recommend them and are they true to size? I assume they are all leather upper and lining?

Thanks

PorridgeIsYummy Wed 22-Jul-15 11:15:49

They are amazing shoes in terms of design, quality and comfort. I must have 8 pairs of them and love them - I get complimented on them all the time. BUT their sizing is very unreliable, so try and buy through a free returns site if possible.

mejon Wed 22-Jul-15 12:01:06

I have two pairs of boots - a Chelsea boot type one and a slightly higher short, zipped biker type. Both have the same low wedge sole. I live in them from Autumn to late Spring! I've heard complaints that they're not waterproof or let in water but I've never had a problem with them. I'd say they were true to size. I sized up with the first pair as I'd heard they could be a bit small, but I needn't have. I'm going to get another pair of the Chelsea ones in the petrol colour. Amazon often have good offers on selected styles and colours.

everythingsgoingsouth Wed 22-Jul-15 13:43:44

they sell them in Clinkards shoe shops, if that's any help.

Lottapianos Wed 22-Jul-15 13:47:03

Thanks all, looks like they might be trying out smile

Lottapianos Wed 22-Jul-15 13:47:25

Worth trying out!

thetroubleis Wed 22-Jul-15 13:48:15

I had the calf length biker style, they leak, the sole wore down surprisingly quickly and the toe is coming away from the sole too.

They are lovely looking and comfy, but I had a pair of Asda biker boots that have outlasted them for £28 so I won't be buying another pair.
I'll probably try another brand this year.

jennymac Wed 22-Jul-15 13:50:35

I have a pair of the zipped biker boots which I also live in about 8 months of the year. Super comfortable and I think they also look great with skinnies. They are just about done so will be looking to replace them in the Autumn. Sizing wise though I find them quite big - I am usually a size 6 but found a 5 to be perfect even when wearing thick woolly socks!

Deeznutz Wed 22-Jul-15 15:03:55

I have Mraf boots in black leather. They are so comfortable and the leather is really good quality. They were a devil to pull on initially but after one wear they eased on and are perfect. True to size and waterproof.

I have beige Mes too and they are extremely comfortable but look worn in quickly and I haven't risked them in the rain yet.

mewkins Wed 22-Jul-15 19:55:57

I had the mes but the leather wasn't great (scratched and looked worn quickly). They are very narrow of calf which is good for me but not good for all. I would however REALLY recommend Doctor Martins as an alternative. They do lots of similar styles to the Fly ones and the leather and sole are much better quality. I have a pair of the Becca boots and they have been going 4 years and still look as good as new.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now