Talk

Advanced search

Asymmetrical face and botox

(9 Posts)
ginorwine Wed 22-Jul-15 09:06:19

Hi my face is noticibly asymmetrical . One one side I have v strong forehead muscles which hold my brow high with three distinct wrinkles above them which I can feel hold the brow up . I like it as its high !
On the other side it's v weak and I can't or really minimally lift my brow and the skin seems to have slipped down and that eye has no visible eye lid .
I went for botox and asked for a brow lift - can't be done .
One practitioner opened the eye by i mm last year by that I mean from the outer side of my face .
She did her best but for the money I'm not sure have it again .
I went to another practitioner y day hoping she cd help .
She said that she could try to immobilise the stronger side to stop me using it and she would try to then make the other side work harder I think ?
She said that this Wd hopefully lift the brow but from the inner bit .
I had a long journey , paid for consultation but didn't have the hoped for botox as she said I needed to think about it as its tricky and may result in two heavy brows .
She said really surgery . Brow lift and eye lid lift . Devastated !!
Can any one give any advice please . Thanks .

ginorwine Wed 22-Jul-15 09:10:34

Maybe facial expecise?

ginorwine Sat 25-Jul-15 22:17:18

Bump

MyRightFoot Sat 25-Jul-15 23:24:31

ive got a similar brow problem. i have botox on my 11s and she also injects around the droopy eyebrow to lift it. it works but its not perfect. i use eyemakeup to balance it out but i think i will go for surgery eventually. is this the same treatment you had?

ginorwine Sun 26-Jul-15 08:49:50

My .
My droop is to the outside of the brow so that I have no lid from the Middle to outside.
I had botox to try and lift the outer of the brow and it did it but by only 1 mm I guess . Not sure if worth the cash .
Got second opinion and she said the best way to lift is from the bit of brow at opposite end . She said the muscles are too weak to achieve a lift from were the prev practitioner tried . How er she said its complex and her method could result in a heavier brow if it went that way !!!!
I'm really not sure what to do !
How do you use make up to balance when there is no lid on one eye ? Any tips welcome indeed !!!! Thanks .

MyRightFoot Sun 26-Jul-15 10:12:01

similar. to me i think although we have an eyelid, its just hidden. first off i pluck the droopy eyebrow a bit higher than the other. before make up i hold icecube on droopy lid off and on for a few mins, this reduces inflammation. i keep eye makeup simple but most important i use dark brown eyeshadow on lids to the socket line. on the droopy i bring eyeshadow a smidge higher than the other. with eyelashes i use curlers on the droopy and droopy gets more coats of mascara. its an optical illusion that works for me. i may look into radio frequency treatment that removes fat by ultrasound. 60 to 100. pounds a session or a tightening treatment.

ginorwine Sun 26-Jul-15 13:20:28

Thanks !!!

MyRightFoot Sun 26-Jul-15 13:39:19

ur welcome. post back here and tell me if make up works for u and if u find a non surgical remedy. also, i dont think people notice the droop, its me who has obsessed about it!

ginorwine Sun 26-Jul-15 16:06:17

I don't use eye make up other than mascara and liner so will get a shade !
I will try the mascara thing !
Yes of course if I finf anything I will tell you .
I too hate it !! seeing photos were one eye drops makes me argh !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now