Talk

Advanced search

Boden sizing all over the place.

(8 Posts)
pinkfrocks Tue 21-Jul-15 19:53:42

What has happened? I ordered a pair of stretchy trousers which came today and were too tight round waist- checked measurements and they are 28.5 waist.

Checked the measurements online of the Bistro trousers which fit me fine and in same size- 10R- they are 31 inch waist.

A size 10 dress was like a tent, a cardi was large in an 8, and so it goes on. Tired of having to order 2 sizes in everything.

pinkfrocks Tue 21-Jul-15 19:54:57

I should add that the 28.5 waist is a misnomer anyway because they are at least 3 inches below the navel, which is not my waist and is actually my fattest part.

RoobyTuesday Tue 21-Jul-15 20:37:56

I agree with you.. 6 months ago I ordered a Breton in a size 12 (was 2 months post baby) then ordered another one a few weeks ago in a 10 as baby weight was lost and they are exactly the same size! No difference at all.

MsBojangles Thu 23-Jul-15 00:26:17

I have officially thrown in the towel with Boden due to a combination of rollercoaster sizing and the fact that their necklines and waists inevitably end up somewhere under my armpits.

Not quite sure who they're cutting for but it definitely isn't me.

ChoclolateOrange Thu 23-Jul-15 08:59:55

Totally agree on all this. I am fed up of sending things back and re ordering. They really need to sort it before they lose customers.

Oly4 Thu 23-Jul-15 09:15:35

I find their sizing huge

stripytees Thu 23-Jul-15 13:00:20

I've experienced this too, although to be fair it's not just Boden, many other brands are the same. If anything I think Boden sizing has got smaller over the years, though.

I find the Bistro trousers come up bigger than most of Boden's other trousers.

Djangor3725 Thu 23-Jul-15 16:53:17

I used to buy from Boden but haven't bought much other than mini Boden tshirts in recent years. Gave up because of erratic sizing & colours. I got the impression they had decided that if they had a 1 year free returns policy they could save money by giving up on quality control. MNers endlessly complain about paying for returns, so Boden are probably right. Presumably most customers are happy buying a few sizes & returning those that don't fit. I tried complaining to Customer Services when dresses & trousers were different sizes when they were sold as the same size in the same style but were different colours, but was just told that I had a free returns label so was welcome to return them. Pink, yellow & red also seemed to vary hugely in shade from the catalogue & website photos to the actual garment so I guess they don't bother matching colours from successive batches of fabric.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now