Talk

Advanced search

Comfortable but lovely low heels for Son's wedding?

(8 Posts)
polyhymnia Tue 21-Jul-15 14:57:04

I'm looking for the Holy Grail of shoes - please help.

I hate and almost never wear high heels but would like to try to find a pair for my DS's wedding in 6 weeks' time.

Thinking of really small but smart heels. Comfy but not frumpy.
Wedges a possibility - though even the R and B lowish wedges I've worn at other recent weddings I frankly find pretty agonising. I don't have any specific foot problems but seem to get rubs and pains so easily if standing in heels for any length of time.

On brand, I usually stick to R and B and Geox with some Hobbs and LKB. But haven't found what I want at any of those. In past have liked look of some Spanish labels. No Hotter please!

Colour - ideally silvery but navy blue would go too. Price - not a consideration, within reason.

I won't have to wear them all day as I've already bought some Hobbs silver flats for the evening part but I don't want to appear in the photos grimacing with pain!
All suggestions welcome.

missmoon Tue 21-Jul-15 16:06:24

Not cheap, but you could try Chie Mihara, very comfortable heels, and her flats / low heels are beautiful too: www.chiestore.com/ I have a couple of her kitten heels are they are like wearing flats.

missmoon Tue 21-Jul-15 16:06:59

You can also find a few of the styles at lower prices on amazon.co.uk

faustina Tue 21-Jul-15 16:12:02

you might find something you like at Emma Hope

CheersMedea Tue 21-Jul-15 18:57:59

I'd go for a stylish pair of low to mid heels if high heels aren't your thing.

Jimmy Choos in the sale available in Navy

www.jimmychoo.com/en/sale/women-sale/shoes/iris/black-patent-square-toe-pumps-IRISPAT001.html#dwvar_IRISPAT001_color=BLACK&start=1&searchgridpos=1

Chanel and Nicholas Kirkwood also usually have stylish lower heels.

If you have the appetite to order online from the States (be careful with selecting correct size in US sizing) and can face high heels, Jessica Simpson Given shoes are very comfortable. They look horrific - but have a very padded insole so are more comfortable than usual. You can set up an account at myusa.com which will enable delivery to UK addresses if there is a territorial block.

www.amazon.com/Jessica-Simpson-Womens-Given-Platform/product-reviews/B005NGXP9Y/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_five?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addFiveStar&showViewpoints=0

The other option is to take some padded half insoles with you to the shops when you are trying on shoes and buy ones that fit you with an insole (usually 1/2 a size larger than your normal ones). If you buy from Jimmy Choo in London or some other designers, they can send the shoes away to insert a half insole under the shoe sole itself.

BumbleNova Tue 21-Jul-15 19:51:49

I just bought some wonderful, really comfy low heels from Hobbs in the sale:

www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productID=0115-S1A5-002H550&productvarid=0115-S1A5-002H550-NAVY-41&refpage=promotions/sale-highlights

they are navy. I am rubbish with heels but I tried these on and was amazed. unfortunately I think this may be the beginning of a very expensive shoe habit... damn you hobbs and your beautiful italian leather shoes.

Monica101 Tue 21-Jul-15 19:55:43

Hispanitas are comfy. I have a few pairs, you can't always get the full range in Clinkards though, you may need to order online to try.

polyhymnia Wed 22-Jul-15 11:52:07

Many thanks. Hispanitas and Chie Mihara were in fact two of the brands I was trying to recall from earlier threads. And had wondered about Emma Hope. Will explore all options. Meanwhile all further ideas also welcome, specially as I'm a size 41 which, while not huge, often go quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now