Talk

Advanced search

Black ballet shoes

(39 Posts)

I'm looking for some lovely, squidgy, soft leather ballet shoes. These Timberland ones are the best I've found so far, but I don't love them, and they look a bit worthy.

Don't like anything in Clarks or M&S, which would be my usual first port of call.

Don't want to spend more than £60 or so.

Anyone? smile

ISingSoprano Tue 21-Jul-15 14:07:35

French Sole?

AmberNectarine Tue 21-Jul-15 14:08:45

I have these. They are SO comfy - they have memory foam insoles which stops that sole ache you can get with very flat shoes. Not the most exciting thing on earth but I mostly wear them for commuting.

I don't like the French Sole ones and they are so expensive too.

The BR ones are nice, but I'm looking for more noticeably squidgy and casual, I think.

achieve15 Tue 21-Jul-15 14:38:38

I think the Timberlands look fab! What does "worthy" mean in this context please?

I have French Sole and they aren't squidgy.

AmberNectarine Tue 21-Jul-15 14:50:24

Yes they look a bit shiny on there, my pair are a few seasons old and more matte squishy.

CatinSocks Tue 21-Jul-15 15:02:16

I have naturalizer ones but am not in the UK so not sure it you can get hold of them there
www.google.ae/search?q=naturalizer+black+flats&client=ms-android-om-lge&hl=en-AE&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI6Mq9lLDsxgIVJnNyCh3llgi9&biw=360&bih=525#imgrc=NA4K61TVUzI4AM%3A

CherryBonBon Tue 21-Jul-15 15:07:06

These?

I don't like the Timberland ones. The brown sole looks cheap and all in they look a bit orthopaedic.

Don't like those, Cherry. I want ones that are noticeably casual, rather than school/work shoe-esque.

By 'worthy' in this context, I mean the sort of thing that sensible girls in anoraks might wear to Sunday school or flower arranging classes. I quite like the brown sole and the fact that they look a bit, 'sensible lady in boring shoes'!

hellsbellsmelons Tue 21-Jul-15 15:28:18

newlook although only cheap and cheerful, have a massive range of ballet pumps.
john lewis have a good few as well

CherryBonBon Tue 21-Jul-15 15:28:42

I hear you. I think it's hard with black ones because so many of them are clearly designed for workwear/schoolwear!

Bow or no bow?

Round toed a requirement or are you open to pointy?

No bow!

And not pointy - I have pointy already, but they are suede.

New Look generally plastic, so no good.

And none of the JL ones are right.

Tan would do at a push, if black impossible.

nottheOP Tue 21-Jul-15 15:32:30

www.schuh.co.uk/womens/hush-puppies-janessa-black-flat-shoes/1304007020/

www.schuh.co.uk/womens/hush-puppies-finnley-chaste-black-flat-shoes/1361287020/

www.hotter.com/gb/en/womens/womens-heels/kacey-shoes-cl

www.camper.com/en_GB/women/shoes/casi_casi/camper-casi_casi-21916-002

I can't believe Clarks doesn't have anything, this is their area!

CherryBonBon Tue 21-Jul-15 15:35:25

Nine West?

nottheOP Tue 21-Jul-15 15:40:26

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Toms+Classic+slip+on+pumps/217324506,default,pd.html

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Nine+West+Facinate+flat+slip+on+ballerina+pumps/224455423,default,pd.html

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/UGG+Syleste+flat+slip+on+shoes/218874986,default,pd.html

No to the Hush Puppies.
NO to the horrible heel on the Hotters.
No to the weird blue sole on the Camper.

Think I'll have a look at the Timberlands irl.

I have a pair from Clarks, but they are stiff and worky. I want squidgy and casual!

Ooh - I like the Nine West ones.

nottheOP Tue 21-Jul-15 15:43:51

www.shoeaholics.com/clarissa-black-suede-37-paul-green-shoe.html

Hate the Toms, sorry. They make the Timberland ones look positively stylish!

And hate the Uggs.

Got to be leather.

achieve15 Tue 21-Jul-15 15:54:35

OP, your statement on the Timberlands made me lol - you like the sensible shoe aspect but you don't like the Sunday flower arranging aspect!

everythingsgoingsouth Tue 21-Jul-15 15:59:42

I got some fab little ballet pumps, real leather, tiny string bow,which would be snip-offable from sainsburys about a month ago £20. they look like real ballet shoes, not structured in any way. they are comfy too, as they are slightly higher at the back .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now