Talk

Advanced search

Brazilian/Keratin straightening?

(13 Posts)
MrsWhirling Tue 21-Jul-15 08:23:36

Has anyone had this done? Did it work? Did it damage your hair? I have curly/frizzy hair I straighten. Fed up with fighting this frizz sad

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Tue 21-Jul-15 08:25:18

I had one a few years back now at Toni and Guys. Was brilliant and I was sceptical as my hair is so resistant curly and frizzy. But after washing the usual hour blow drying was replaced with ten minutes rough drying and it was straight and sleek.
I really wish I could afford another

IfNotNowThenWhen Tue 21-Jul-15 08:26:52

I want to know too! I would like effortlessly smooth swishy silky hair, instead of the Led Zeppelin style fright wig on my head...

IfNotNowThenWhen Tue 21-Jul-15 08:27:52

Ooh x post with Sharon. How much was it Sharon?

SwissArmy Tue 21-Jul-15 08:34:26

Good question. A hairdresser recommended this to me recently, but my hair is very fine, and I worry that even if it tamed the frizz, my hair would just then sit flat on my head with no life or volume...?

Also, does anyone whose had it done think you need to get your hair into really good condition first?

CherryBonBon Tue 21-Jul-15 08:35:51

I had a Kerastraight blow dry once and it was incredible. My hair LITERALLY felt like silk.

Would highly recommend.

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Tue 21-Jul-15 08:37:28

I think I paid about 140 back then. But was totally worth it.

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Tue 21-Jul-15 08:38:06

I also have highlighted hair and it caused no damage but in fact improved the condition no end

MrsWhirling Tue 21-Jul-15 09:35:27

Cherry and Sharon, what do they actually do?

IfNotNowThenWhen Tue 21-Jul-15 11:12:36

How long did it last?

Frenchplait Tue 21-Jul-15 11:16:52

Have you thought about doing it yourself? You can get a kit from Amazon for about £25. It's time consuming but easy to do, and I've had great results.

Eastpoint Tue 21-Jul-15 11:20:03

I've had it done a number of times & it makes my very fuzzy fine hair manageable. I don't have to blowdry it & if I do it reduces how long it takes. Last time I had it done at Rush where they currently have a special offer (Disclaimer: I'm not employed or connected with Rush in anyway). Only problem is that you can't wash it or get it wet, wear a hat or tie it back for 3 days afterwards

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Tue 21-Jul-15 11:27:49

It lasted as in really really good results for about three months and then for another three months was not as good but still made it more manageable for up to six months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now