Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cruelty free salon pedicure - is this a 'hens teeth' situation?

(9 Posts)
KittyB52 Tue 21-Jul-15 07:33:02

I am trying to buy only cruelty-free products but I would like to have a pedicure done to 'treat my feet'. Am I likely to find a salon using products that aren't tested on animals? I don't want a gel polish, just the old fashioned normal polish. grin

I know it's tricky to find hairdressers that don't use products tested on animals, I'm guessing it's the same for salons?

I'm in the North West, just in case anyone has found somewhere they'd recommend. smile

BumbleNova Tue 21-Jul-15 09:15:13

you do know that no cosmetic products that are sold in the EU have been tested on animals OP? since about 2013:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21740745

I dont think you should have a problem?

KumiOri Tue 21-Jul-15 09:16:30

or take your own trusted products

KittyB52 Tue 21-Jul-15 12:47:43

Yes, I know that in the UK, cosmetic testing is no longer allowed. However, I prefer to stick to brands that have the Leaping Bunny certification. Which does narrow down my choices somewhat.

I didn't know it was possible to take your own products to a salon for treatments - I guess it'd be down to the individual salon as to whether or not they were happy to do that?

Thanks. smile

poppym12 Tue 21-Jul-15 13:10:02

i feel your pain! i used to go to a salon that used opi products but now opi have been taken over by coty, i tend to do them myself. definitely explain your preference to a salon though and ask if you can take your own polish etc. so many grey areas with animal testing but i too look for the leaping bunny to be sure.

polyhymnia Tue 21-Jul-15 13:11:33

Fwiw I've very often taken my own nail varnish to various salons for pedicures and manicures and no one has ever objected.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Tue 21-Jul-15 13:35:38

where are you? if you're near Woodley/Wokingham the salon I go to can use botancials for the pedicure and they use china glaze for the polish which most colours are cruelty free.

KittyB52 Tue 21-Jul-15 13:57:48

I'm Cheshire.

I'm pleased to see other people have taken their own polish in with them. I usually just do my own pedicure (when I can be bothered) but fancied a treat. I might just ask a few local salons and see what they say.

Thanks again for the replies.

KittyB52 Tue 21-Jul-15 13:59:02

in Cheshire. Not actually Cheshire. I'm not an entire county. Honest. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now