Talk

Advanced search

What do I wear to a graduation?

(3 Posts)
fhdl34 Tue 21-Jul-15 07:13:30

My husband is graduating in October and I am wondering what I should wear? I will have to buy something as I have nothing appropriate at all.
I am losing weight so do not intend to buy anything till a week or so before but we have very little money so I am thinking I will sell it on afterwards.
I have just gone into a size 24-22 and I am 5ft 2in, I'll possibly have lost another stone by then so would think I'll be comfortably a 22.
I am not a dressy person, when I last went to a wedding I wore a maxi dress and little shrug set I got from Ann Harvey as I was breastfeeding and I felt really comfortable in it.
I will have very little hair too as I am shaving my head next month for charity so I would like something that makes me look good.
Any ideas? I usually shop at Yours and live in jeans or cropped trousers and vests or long tops. I am thinking a dress or skirt and top would be nice.
Any advice is appreciated as I am hopeless with fashion

sonata1 Tue 21-Jul-15 10:30:13

Something smart that looks good in a photograph years later. The sales are on at the moment so have a look . I would also look in Charity shops if you don't want to spend a fortune and you might not wear it again that often. I have picked up some real bargains in the past.

fhdl34 Tue 21-Jul-15 16:50:38

Thanks, I never consider charity shops because of my size but they must have bigger sizes as I give my stuff to charity when I'm done with it. I usually buy off eBay but if it's a bad fit I'm stuck with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now