Talk

Advanced search

Brazilian blow dry: would it help me? (Pic attached)

(17 Posts)
PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 20-Jul-15 07:57:11

I have got the most ridiculous hair. It's a tiny bit wavy, but not enough to be curly. It's thick and soft and fine. The best way I can describe it is 'fluffy.' It never looks sleek. Products such as serum work for a short while but after an hour it is fluffy again. The attached pic was taken less than an hour after I had straightened it.

I am at the end of my tether and would like to get a Brazilian blow dry. Would anyone recommend this for my type of hair? Or are there any other products or treatmentsthat, looking at the pic, you think would help? I just want shiny straight hair! Thanks in advance.

RinkRashDerbyKisses Mon 20-Jul-15 08:01:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 20-Jul-15 08:05:05

Thank you Rink. I'm not very patient --a bit lazy--and don't like spending ages getting ready, so realistically I don't think I'd stick to using clips and straightening my hair like that, even though I'm sure it would help!

Superexcited Mon 20-Jul-15 08:05:42

The tresemme keratin 7 day system is quite good and much less harsh than a Brazilian blow dry. I have had Brazilian blow drys several times but really worry about the safety of it and I have found the tresemme 7 day system to be a good temporary alternative. My hair is much fluffier and curlier than yours. The Brazilian blow dry also tends to leave my fine hair looking quite limp for the first few weeks.

Scarydinosaurs Mon 20-Jul-15 08:08:00

I had a keratin Brazilian blow dry, absolutely brilliant. We have similar hair and I've had two months now of smooth hair.

PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 20-Jul-15 08:08:26

Thank you super. I use FrizzEase, but it doesn't seem to help much- I'll definitely try the TreSemme stuff.

afink Mon 20-Jul-15 08:09:38

Is your hair still thick looking when it's straightened? (As in when hairdressers straighten it). If so, yes, go for it - it will make your hair sleek and gorgeous and manageable. If, however, your hair shrinks to flat nothingness when it's straightened by a hairdresser, all it will do is make it look thin - very shiny and manageable, but thin.

PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 20-Jul-15 08:13:20

Thanks scary and afink. My hair does still look thick (although not as thick) when it's straightened. Maybe I should go for it.
Also- silly question but can you curl your hair with curling tongs when you've had a Brazilian blow dry? I quite like doing that sometimes.

gonegrey56 Mon 20-Jul-15 08:22:02

I have a treatment called Kebelo straightening treatment twice year. It is much, much gentler than the Brazilian blow dry. Makes my hair frizz free, but not poker straight. I sometimes use heated rollers for a different look after blow drying my hair, and this still works fine. I would recommend this treatment!

Gobbolinothewitchscat Mon 20-Jul-15 08:26:51

My hair is like this

The best think I have found is to use shampoo and conditioners without silicone. Tresemme do some and l'oreal. The transformation has been astonishing. I now even use a serum without silicone.

I also use johnson's baby leave in conditioner too.

All of these things have totally transformed the fluff!

TheAssassinsGuild Mon 20-Jul-15 08:35:40

Yes! I have it done and have never looked back.

PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 20-Jul-15 09:28:37

Gobbolino I wil try it, thank you. And gonegrey, thank you- I have looked into Kebelo but can't find anywhere near me that does it sad

theasaassin could you tell me more about the actual procedure? What happens, how long does it last etc? Also roughly how much should I expect to pay? Thank you l!

Superexcited Mon 20-Jul-15 10:09:02

I paid £105 when I have had it done including cut and finish. The cost usually depends on your hair length and thickness. The time it takes also depends on your hairs length and thickness. Mine is similar in length and thickness to yours and it would take between 2 and a half and three hours. The effects are supposed to last 3-4 minutes tha but it varies according to the product used, the skills of the person applying it, how often you wash your hair, how often you swim etc. if the hairdresser over straightens iyour hair you find that it won't curl at all and the re growth is very different in texture to the treated hair which if you want to go back to natural is a complete nightmare.
Maintenance can be quite expensive too due to the cost of salt free shampoo and conditioner but daily styling time will be less than halved.
There are lots of positives but I won't have another one in a hurry.

Lifeisadancefloor Mon 20-Jul-15 10:43:18

I dont know about the Brazilian blow dry - but my hair is just like yours and can be super frizzy just after being washed (think finger in plug socket). After having tried everything else (shampoos, deep treatments, hair straighteners etc.) my DH bought me a steam straightener - I now have to use it only once a week to get beautiful sleek, straight, shiny hair. I am amazed at how well it worked as nothing else did. I have the L'oreal steampod and it cost about £100.

I do have very thick hair and therefore it can take the steam - but I am amazed at how gently and quickly it changes my hair. Worth a shot !

Superexcited Mon 20-Jul-15 11:15:23

Using the babyliss big hair makes a big difference to my hair too. It's much sleeker, straighter and shinier if I finish the drying off with the babyliss big hair.

PrimalLass Mon 20-Jul-15 12:14:50

The kit from Amazon is great - there are loads of threads on here about it.

www.amazon.co.uk/Brazilian-Keratin-Treatment-Straightening-COMPLETE/dp/B003YUEF7C/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1437390859&sr=1-1&keywords=Brazillian+hair

DahliaBloom Mon 20-Jul-15 14:45:01

I have hair like this too, though with a bit more kink. Using a Parlux hairdryer is the only thing that's ever made it look sleek and shiny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now