Talk

Advanced search

How do you stay warm but still look like you are dressed for summer?

(7 Posts)
Haggswood Sun 19-Jul-15 08:37:08

At evening dos in Britain where all/part of the evening is outside.

I have done two parties in a row now where I went dressed in the right temperature clothes (ie sandals and a light weight summery top) and from about 7:15 started to deeply regret my clothing choices and wish that I had worn some sort of technical down coat/ thermal undergarments/ boots with thick woollen socks.

And I don't think a cardigan would have cut the mustard. It was bloody freezing last night.

Yes I am nesh.

NotQuitePerfect Sun 19-Jul-15 11:49:52

I have no idea but I'm also waiting for someone to come along with a few solutions! wink

Peppapissinpig Sun 19-Jul-15 11:57:47

And me... Hate being cold and anything less than tropical makes me want to wrap up. Doesn't make me look very seasonal though hmm.

I envy those mums who rock up to school in cool weather in shorts and vests.

TheAwfulDaughter Sun 19-Jul-15 12:00:20

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

XiCi Sun 19-Jul-15 12:00:42

We have a chimnea and the last 2 garden parties we went to had one too so everyone sat around that later on. I think some sort of outdoor heating is the only option in this country unless you take a big cardi and your uggs with you. Either that or move the party inside when the sun goes down smile

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 19-Jul-15 12:00:52

We were on holiday in the new forest last week. I wore my lightweight down jacket from uniqlo an awful lot.

It is one from the ines de la fressange collab and is quite a neat fitted shape and folds up to teeny size. So I would shove that in my bag and just put it on if I got super cold.

mysteryfairy Sun 19-Jul-15 14:02:44

I have a few pairs of pale jeans that I wear in summer to look slightly more summery without risking cold. I think uniqlo heat tech camis are useful in this situation as a first layer though not sure if you buy them in summer. Maybe converse or similar if it's a casual thing for warmer feet?

I do think many thin layers in summery colours is the only real option if you feel putting a north face parka on might be considered inappropriate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now