Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know who Kate's wedding dress was by on married at first sight?

(13 Posts)
Onthescrapheap Sat 18-Jul-15 20:36:31

My daughter is looking and it was perfect, I've tried a google but not finding anything.

cookielove Sat 18-Jul-15 20:45:56

this is similar

Modan Sat 18-Jul-15 20:50:44

Rather randomly its in the window of a wedding shop near me, you could ring them and ask them the designer.
www.theweddingtrousseau.co.uk/

cookielove Sat 18-Jul-15 21:04:04

After looking at Modan's link I think the designer is Louise Bentley!

florascotia Sat 18-Jul-15 21:11:02

The dress itself was designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_dress_of_Kate_Middleton

some - of many - copies here, all from Google:
whatkatewore.com/tag/kate-middleton-wedding-dress-copies/
www.brides.com/blogs/aisle-say/2014/04/kate-middleton-style-wedding-dresses-spring-2015.html
www.onewed.com/wedding-dresses/blog/look-like-kate-middleton-when-you-walk-down-the-aisle

But why copy anyone? Each to their own, of course....

Onthescrapheap Sat 18-Jul-15 21:11:22

Thanks for replies! When I click on that designer it doesn't work, the first couple do though. I've found an article which says they got the dresses from morgandavies (sounds more like the solicitors they have lined up for the divorces) smile

superbfairywren Sat 18-Jul-15 21:14:15

There is a Morgan Davies in Hitchin, Hertfordshire which is I think where the dress is from.

cookielove Sat 18-Jul-15 21:21:25

I am enjoying the hunt!

April bloom by Lyn Ashworth seems a close match just the belt is wrong but she could have had that altered!

April bloom

Onthescrapheap Sat 18-Jul-15 21:22:40

florascotia not that Kate grin there was a somewhat dubious show on TV about total strangers marrying each other. One of the brides had a dress which my DD really liked.

cookielove Sat 18-Jul-15 21:22:42

I was looking on the Morgan Davis website couldn't see the dress!

Modan Sat 18-Jul-15 21:25:46

I think your right cookielove, having googled Louise Bentley lots of her dresses have the same lace overlay.

Onthescrapheap Sat 18-Jul-15 21:27:46

cookielove there are some lovely ones on that site, I hadn't heard of that designer.

florascotia Sat 18-Jul-15 21:32:17

Sorry...smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now