Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

If you're a leg wax pro, please come and share your wisdom about equipment!

(6 Posts)
HotDogJumpingFrogAlburquerque Sat 18-Jul-15 13:06:47

So here's the issue.

I tend to epilate the bottom half of my legs, but much prefer to wax my thighs as it's quicker, the hair is finer and it doesn't bother me as much so I do it less often.

I used to use Veet, I had a pot I'd put in the microwave and then I'd pour it into another Veet applicator that had a roller on it, it was a yellow-brown coloured wax.

It worked amazingly well and, best of all, the wax seemed to dissolve in hot water so I could wash the wax off the paper strips (and my legs) and reuse the strips.

Then Veet brought out a new roller that you plug in and it heats the wax. It's shit. The wax is pink, it never gets hot enough to go on easily and it doesn't come of with water, so I'm left with sticky bits everywhere. Also sometimes the strips don't stick to it and the wax dries on your leg.

Problem is, when I bought this new thing, thinking it would be great I threw the old equipment out <wails> and you can't buy it anymore.

So, my point grin, is there a professional machine I can buy? I don't know where to start. Does anyone know any that are good?

Ideally one that dissolves in water and let's you heat it properly, or customise the temperature to slightly higher than Veet's products liability policy must permit!

Thanks in advance smile

Aquamarine70 Sat 18-Jul-15 16:04:36

I'm not in the UK now but I am a beauty therapist. There was a wholesaler called Sally that I think let you buy even if you didn't have a trade card though I could be wrong as I left the UK 12 years ago. You could probably find a wax heater in there or maybe something on eBay.

Aquamarine70 Sat 18-Jul-15 16:10:04

You can get professional wax that dissolves in water. Salon System did one.

Aquamarine70 Sat 18-Jul-15 16:39:38

The Salon System wax is called Hon-E Wax & is water dispersible & can be used in a roller. I found a roller wax kit on Amazon.

HotDogJumpingFrogAlburquerque Sat 18-Jul-15 17:12:44

Perfect! Sounds like that's just what I'm after. Will check it out. Thank you thanks

Aquamarine70 Sun 19-Jul-15 14:45:15

Glad to help ��

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: