Talk

Advanced search

Sensationail neutral colour suggestions please

(7 Posts)
AlisonBlunderland Sat 18-Jul-15 11:30:07

New convert to Sensationail home gel system, and looking for a colour suggestion.

I've got Babydoll Pink on at the moment, but its too pinky /blue and too translucent.

I'm after something more beige, opaque in two coats, bit of shimmer or pearl would be nice.

Anyone tried Evening Sand?
Other suggestions welcome.
Thanks

jackstini Mon 20-Jul-15 07:08:56

Evening Sand is lovely and has a slight shimmer - pics attached.

If you go on their fb page and into photos there are tons of pics. You can go to to albums and there is one called comparisons too so you can see what they look like next to each other smile
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.667757486685126.1073741840.111028019024745&type=3

And they have 3 for 30 on their website until 5pm today!
www.sensationail.co.uk/3-colours-for-30.html

Trumpton Tue 21-Jul-15 05:24:36

My most neutral colour is Mauve Maven , it's like a dark nude camel colour and perfect for every day.
If I want a brighter colour I just use a normal polish over it and when I am ready I use a non acetone wipe to remove the normal polish.

SmileAndNod Tue 21-Jul-15 05:44:19

I like taupe tulips. Quite a good neutral for me. I'm after a light neutral pinky shade too, but the pink chiffon looks a bit too pink.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 21-Jul-15 11:48:44

I like Macchiato, when I onky do a couple of coats. It's too "warm" for me, though, to wear as an opaque colour. I've just ordered Baby Doll Pink, and will only wear a couple of coats, I think. Pink Chiffon is a light candy pink, which does not appeal to me. However, I don't like shimmer in my polish, so won't be trying Evening Sand. It's so hard to find the perfect neutral pink gel polish!

I tried OPI Passion, but the polish triggers heat flares and peels. Both of which suggest it needs thinning, but then that will be another £12 or so, so buy thinner and hope that it works.

AlisonBlunderland Sat 25-Jul-15 17:12:27

Apologies for not responding. Been using phone which is not very user friendly and forgot I had started this thread.
Many thanks for your comments

AlisonBlunderland Sat 25-Jul-15 17:18:34

Jackstini That link to the comaprisons page is marvellous.
Thank you so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now