Talk

Advanced search

Bra help please?

(12 Posts)
elderflowergin Fri 17-Jul-15 19:24:25

I have been reading bra threads with interest recently as I don't feel that mine fits all that well. I wear a 36B which I have always done, to be honest although my bras are so old they are loose. I am a size 14-16 depending on the make of clothes. I like tshirt bras as I think they make me look a bit bigger but they always seem to be loose at the top, even if my boobs start off in the right place, when I have leant down to put my bra on, they sort of sag down.
When I measured using the guide on here, I measure 34 round my chest and 38 at the widest part. Am I right in thinking that would make me a 34C ?? There is no way that I could be a C seriously, I have very small boobs ?! What do any experts think ? Am going to look for a new one tomorrow.

DamsonInDistress Fri 17-Jul-15 19:42:49

34D actually. It's a starting point so don't get frightened by it, just try a few different styles in that size to start with to get an idea. It will feel very different, the current sagging is likely due to age and too big a band in the first place, the gaping probably due to the fact that moulded T-shirt bras are very difficult to fit properly, even in the correct size, as there's no flexibility. The band should feel very firm and lie flat across your back, no riding up.

MammySam Fri 17-Jul-15 20:07:37

Hi
Sorry to jump to your thread elderflowergin but in have also recently been reading the bra threads and have literally just measured myself!!
I'm getting 34 ribs and 45 round the boobs when i lean forward...!
Currently wearing a 40F... No wonder I have flappy, saggy knockers!!! :S
So given the measurements, are we saying 34I?! Surely not?!!! Or I am I translating wrong?
Thank you in advance wise ladies!
Sam

elderflowergin Fri 17-Jul-15 20:14:16

But Damson, surely a D is bigger boob, seriously mine are small ?! Maybe I should look at some other styles, I just like a smooth line under clothes and feel that lace type or non padded ones make me look flat !

treaclesoda Fri 17-Jul-15 20:19:13

A D cup isn't a 'big size' because it depends entirely on the size of the band. So a 34D isn't big at all. For example a 40D would be much bigger than a 34D

treaclesoda Fri 17-Jul-15 20:20:00

Mammy try a 34H for starters.

treaclesoda Fri 17-Jul-15 20:23:13

The 34H is only equivalent to one cup size bigger than the 40F that you are wearing at the moment. Are you bulging out of the cups in the 40F or is it just not supportive?

MammySam Fri 17-Jul-15 20:30:24

Hi
The problem is more that the part of the bra which should be flat against your ribs in the centre at the front is sitting in line with the front of the cups... Like one big oval boob rather than 2 separated boobs!! As if I'm wearing a boob tube style thing instead of a supportive bra!! If you see what I mean!
So my boobs are snuggled up at the bottom of the cups, jostling each other and creating a cleavage I'm getting things lost inside!!! :S
If I hoy my boobs up inside the bra the fit actually isn't too bad, so perhaps by getting the band size right and making a small adjustment to the cup I'll be fixed?!!

treaclesoda Fri 17-Jul-15 20:38:37

Quite possibly! Just remember to try a few different styles and brands in that size, and maybe some similar sizes, to get an idea of what suits you and is comfortable.

treaclesoda Fri 17-Jul-15 20:39:58

Also, the central bit sticking out like that is often a sign of a too small cup. So a slightly bigger cup could make all the difference.

I find that the gore floating far away normally needs too big a band and too small a cup. If the band's right it might float a bit, but the band on a good bra is pretty solid so you're more likely to get quad boob if the band is closer to ok.

Elderflowergin Sat 18-Jul-15 18:13:23

Well success, I bought a 34C today, really comfy and giving me a nice shape so I am really pleased...I would never have thought I was that size so another thing to be grateful to mumsnet for !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now