Talk

Advanced search

Body Shop rain forest SLS free hair care

(13 Posts)
pussinboots61 Fri 17-Jul-15 19:24:21

After reading about SLS being bad for hair I bought a small bottle of the Body Shop rain forest shampoo for coloured hair. I usually use Wella from the hairdressers but that has SLS in it. I've used the rain forest once so far and my hair looked a bit dull after. Is this normal and should I persevere? I like Liz Earle skin care so was wondering about her hair products too which are natural. Has anyone used this? Or is it better to stick to the hair salon stuff?

Tizwailor Fri 17-Jul-15 19:29:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fannyfannakerpants Fri 17-Jul-15 19:38:06

I tried it and thought it was rubbish. I have really hard water and my hair just feels heavy and, yes, dull afterwards.
I've found Jasons, Daniel fielding and palmers (as in cocoa butter but there coconut or shea hair range) far better and about the same price.

CeeceeBloomingdale Fri 17-Jul-15 20:30:53

I love it. My thick coarse hair is much tamer and I have no allergic reaction on my scalp. I'd say it takes a good half dozen if not more washes to get used to it though, persevere if you can, it's worth it

SirChenjin Fri 17-Jul-15 20:38:02

I have thick, frizzy hair and bought this after so many MNetters had eulogised about the stuff. Despite using it a good few times now it has made sod all difference - I am going back to my silicone-laden shampoo.

Marylou2 Fri 17-Jul-15 20:54:37

I use L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner.It's SLS free and works really well.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 17-Jul-15 23:32:27

I use the Rainforest one as a detox when I want to dye my hair.

Ginger one is nice (I have very short hair) but I think it feels a bit 'squeaky' until I rinse it.

Liz Earle is nice, but I found the shampoo alone was meh . the shampoo+conditioner was lovely (and smells gorgeous)

I didn't get on with it either, I persevered and used the whole bottle but my hair felt heavy and lank and never really clean. Same with the L'Oreal Everpure. I've found Dr Organic by Holland and Barrett very good, and am using a Lush shampoo and conditioner at the moment which are also great. I ditched silicones about 5 years ago, I try and keep to gentler or no sulphate shsmpoos too, but not as strict avoidance as with silicones.

Wolpertinger Sat 18-Jul-15 01:03:56

I hated it. Hair was dull, lank and coated. Loved the Everpure though and gutted they don't seem to do it anymore.

There are much better SLS free shampoos out there.

ZaraW Sat 18-Jul-15 16:24:20

I hate it as well. I use Giovanni and it is so much better.

OhahIlostmybra Sat 18-Jul-15 16:27:50

Hated it. Left me with a greasy patch and residue.

Iggly Sat 18-Jul-15 20:14:55

I find I have to really scrub and rinse when using it. I use it on my 3 year olds hair, no problem.

Tweezertastic Sat 18-Jul-15 21:16:53

I love it. I especially like the fact it's cheap via O2 priority discounts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now