Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for decent make up brushes

(36 Posts)
atticusclaw Fri 17-Jul-15 19:19:43

I am sick of trying to use my expensive space NK brushes. They are hands down the worst make up brushes I have ever bought and moult everywhere. I therefore need new ones. Does anyone have any recommendations?

CherryBonBon Fri 17-Jul-15 19:20:48

Zoeva.

The brushes are the best I've ever used. Also reasonably priced and delivery is quick even though they're in Germany.

atticusclaw Fri 17-Jul-15 19:32:04

I'll take a look. Never heard of Zoeva!

TeresaGiudicesForehead Fri 17-Jul-15 19:46:31

zoeva! They're brilliant and cheap!

bluebump Fri 17-Jul-15 19:51:35

I came on to recommend Real Techniques brushes but I might have a google of the Zoeva ones now!

WallyBantersJunkBox Fri 17-Jul-15 20:12:06

I use a brush to apply my foundation. It's from MAC and again it's a moulter.

Every morning in the car my DS picks my beard off while I drive. grinblush

Which ones are recommended for foundation?

BennyPoo Fri 17-Jul-15 20:16:22

Me too Wallybanters. I cannot believe how much my MAc foundation brush moults. Black whiskers are standard every morning!

Dancingqueen17 Fri 17-Jul-15 20:19:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BakeItOff Fri 17-Jul-15 20:24:33

real techniques are great. I use the foundation one, no moulting at all and I've used it everyday for a year.

motleymop Fri 17-Jul-15 20:24:50

Interesting re Zoeva, I have never heard of them. Despise my Real Techniques blusher brush.

atticusclaw Fri 17-Jul-15 20:26:12

Do the zoeva ones moult cherry?

why do you despise the real techniques brush motley?

sparechange Fri 17-Jul-15 20:26:53

Ecotools. Available from Boots and I swear by them. I've converted my Mac addict friend - they are wonderful

CherryBonBon Fri 17-Jul-15 20:30:44

motley it's awful isn't it? Worst blusher brush ever.

Zoeva are a small German company that have really taken off in the last few years after being discovered by beauty bloggers and MUAs.

I'm a makeup artist and my kit is almost all Zoeva brushes.

Whoever asked about a foundation brush their 102 Silk Finish Face Brush is my holy grail. It's ridiculously soft and dense. No moulting at all.

atticusclaw Fri 17-Jul-15 20:33:38

cherry is one type of zoeva brush better than the others? There seem to be a few different ranges?

motleymop Fri 17-Jul-15 20:33:50

I am not entirely sure what the exact problem is with the RT blusher brush, but I think it's just a bit too big and the bristles too tightly packed. It just doesn't work. My mother has an Estee Lauder one bought years ago that is just perfect - I am tempted to buy an EL one in the hope it'll be the same.

southeastastra Fri 17-Jul-15 20:34:35

i really like the body shop brushes

WallyBantersJunkBox Fri 17-Jul-15 20:44:34

Oooooh Cherry stay and tell us loads of things...

I've never met a make up artist before. I want to bask in your expertise and glamour....wine

Getuhda348 Fri 17-Jul-15 21:52:41

I use a no 7 foundation brush and it's great. Never lose anything from them. And got primark blusher brushes!!! They are amazing believe it or not. The sales woman at clinique recommended them grin

yazzy85 Fri 17-Jul-15 22:37:01

Real Techniques are the best, I prefer them over my Mac ones. They are cheaper on Amazon if you have a look. The buffering brush is really good for foundation!

Featherbluedot Fri 17-Jul-15 22:49:49

My boots own brushes recommended years ago are still going strong, soft and never moult.

MadAngryGnome Fri 17-Jul-15 23:09:45

Another vote for ecotools, their foundation brush is great, as is their big fat powder brush.

Chicinwellies Fri 17-Jul-15 23:13:35

By a mile, for putting on bb/cc creams and foundation, the £30 bobbi brown synthetic brush. Has genuinely completely changed my scepticism on make up brushes - fab !!!

AlfAlf Fri 17-Jul-15 23:15:20

I really like Ecotools too; I bought a little travel box of five brushes for a trip last December, but have ended up using them ever since. They do a good job and don't shed.

ShebaQueen Fri 17-Jul-15 23:16:53

I love the brushes from Lily Lolo. The Bare Minerals one moult like mad.

GrimDamnFanjo Fri 17-Jul-15 23:44:21

I use Real Techniques and a few MAC - love the look of those zoeva ones though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now