Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm not sure if my outfit goes...

(14 Posts)
BeautyQueenFromMars Fri 17-Jul-15 16:39:54

I have a strappy white 50s-style dress with black print all over it. To minimise my arm wobble, I have a sheer black bolero. They're for a wedding at the weekend.

Now, I have two pairs of shoes to choose from. I have really pretty flat 'ballet' shoes in black, which are mesh with little flowers embroidered on them. Or I have strappy white sandals with heels. I would like to wear the white sandals as they give me a bit of height (am a short-arse), but I'm not sure I should as I'm wearing a black bolero.

Could I have your opinions please?

TIA

joopy79 Fri 17-Jul-15 16:43:08

Can you take photos of the options?

BeautyQueenFromMars Fri 17-Jul-15 16:51:38

I don't have a photo of the white sandals, but I have got one of a pair which is similar. I will attempt to upload pics of everything...

BeautyQueenFromMars Fri 17-Jul-15 16:57:23

Black shoes

BeautyQueenFromMars Fri 17-Jul-15 16:58:41

Sandals. Mine aren't exactly like this picture, but are very close. They have a few more strappy bits at the front.

BeautyQueenFromMars Fri 17-Jul-15 16:59:19

That's not me wearing the dress by the way (I wish!) grin

Alibabsandthe40Musketeers Fri 17-Jul-15 17:01:10

What colour is your bag?

TheAwfulDaughter Fri 17-Jul-15 17:01:10

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WipsGlitter Fri 17-Jul-15 17:01:13

I would wear the sandals then change into the flats for dancing!

prettywhiteguitar Fri 17-Jul-15 17:01:29

I think either ? Personally would wear heels to a wedding unless there is risk of cobbles/grass/organised dancing grin

Alibabsandthe40Musketeers Fri 17-Jul-15 17:01:36

I would wear the heels, and put the flats in your handbag so you can dance grin

BeautyQueenFromMars Fri 17-Jul-15 17:05:32

Bloody good idea, wearing the heels and taking the flats for dancing! Thanks everyone.

I have no option but to take a black bag, as my sister has borrowed my white one.

DinosaursRoar Fri 17-Jul-15 17:08:10

White sandals (or red or pink if you have them already - love a tiny splash of colour!), take the black bag, it doesn't need to be all completely matchy. Black flats for the evening.

Doobigetta Fri 17-Jul-15 17:35:53

Definitely take both pairs and swap between them. And I agree a shot of colour in either bag or shoes would look great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now