Talk

Advanced search

I need a new foundation

(10 Posts)
MildDrPepperAddiction Fri 17-Jul-15 10:54:45

I'm looking for a new foundation. Something long wearing, but not too heavy (I've tried double wear and found it too heavy). I also need a blusher, concealer, etc. in short, a whole new face! I have a wedding in a few weeks and want to look glowing (if possible!)

Carpaccio Fri 17-Jul-15 11:07:39

I like Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. Wears well all day, but is light/medium coverage. They are usually pretty good at giving out samples so you can try before you buy.

For blusher, I like Mac powder blushers. Inglot and Chanel are also good. Daniel Sandler makes lovely liquid blushers.
If you are looking for a bronzer, Guerlain's are very nice (but expensive).

I like the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer, but I have very little to compare with.

I would consider a highlighter as well as the foundation is a bit matte, but avoid the glittery ones as they might not photograph well. I like something like Mac Lightscapade.

MildDrPepperAddiction Fri 17-Jul-15 12:01:16

Thanks carpaccio.

I don't wear a lot of makeup so I'm a bit clueless.

MadAngryGnome Fri 17-Jul-15 12:07:13

Revlon ColourStay is long lasting and they have heaps of shades so you're likely to get a good match. Also they have two formulations, one for oily skin, one for dry.

Make sure your foundation for the wedding doesn't have SPF in it or you'll get a white face in the photos where the flash has caught it!

gonegrey56 Fri 17-Jul-15 12:10:03

I really rate YSL foundation Fusion Ink. Light but long lasting, and you can layer it for more coverage where you need it. Ask for a sample to get the correct colour match - they have lovely dinky pots with an inbuilt applicator (good for touch ups on the move). Bobbi Brown is excellent for blushers and other products, make an appointment to get properly made up. Alternatively , Liz Earle make up is good, especially the powder blushers which have lots of pigment so they last well but look very natural . Tell the counter staff you are a bride to be and I am sure you will get excellent service .

PurpleDaisies Fri 17-Jul-15 12:12:07

I have the Touché Éclat foundation from YSL. It is fantastic. Basically it looks like you have beautiful natural skin and doesn't feel like you have make up on at all.

buddhasbelly Fri 17-Jul-15 12:15:32

another for touche eclat from YSL - it is expensive £32 approx but you're using such a small amount that it works out in price similar to much cheaper foundations. If you go to the YSL counter they may give you a small bottle sample (they do at mine). Not only does it let you test the product before purchse but you could also pack that away for the wedding.

PurpleDaisies Fri 17-Jul-15 12:16:05

I second Bobbi brown for blusher, they do beautiful natural looking ones (actually all their make up is lovely). I also have a Dior blusher called rosy glow (or maybe healthy glow) which looks bright pink but magically when you use it it gives a perfect natural glowing flush.

Lottapianos Fri 17-Jul-15 12:22:08

I'm very impressed by MAC Face and Body. It's got no SPF in so there wont' be any ghostly face in photos. It lasts really well, even through 36 degrees of heat on the tube in London a few weeks ago! Its a very light watery kind of formula but sets quite quickly and gives medium coverage. I bought the 120 ml size in March - I use it every single day and am barely a quarter of the way through the bottle so very good value too

TheVeryThing Fri 17-Jul-15 12:26:01

Third vote here for YSL Touche Eclat, absolutely love it, coverage is buildable and it's easily retouched

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now