What do you wear to a funeral when it is hot and sunny?

(7 Posts)
TheRealMaryMillington Thu 16-Jul-15 21:24:41

I have to go to a funeral on Monday, that of my lovely friend's lovely mum.

In winter I would wear a smart dress with tights and a black blazer and or coat.

What do I wear in July heat. I want to look smart and unobtrusive and respectful but not in fancy dress for a funeral iyswim.

Any ideas. I don't have much black or any smart trousers.

SwedishEdith Thu 16-Jul-15 21:28:18

Can you borrow something? You don't have to wear black. I'd just get some navy or black cigarette trouser types things with a plain shirt/top. Plus, a blazer if not too stifling.

TheAwfulDaughter Thu 16-Jul-15 21:29:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Doobigetta Thu 16-Jul-15 21:34:24

Black linen shift dress and jacket.

PrincessOfChina Thu 16-Jul-15 21:36:03

I went to one today. I had a black and white midi skirt and a plain black cotton t-shirt. I did have a blazer in the car but when we arrived I forgot to put it on. All the ladies did actually.

TheRealMaryMillington Thu 16-Jul-15 21:40:17

I've got a black just longer than knee length dress with fitted waist and full skirt, from Cos so not too faux 50s looking, high neck. Would that look ok with neat fitted cardigan if I can get hold of one, do you think? Don't think I even have any black shoes.

Might go with the slim fitting pants if I can find some and a simple blouse.

I know it is the least of anyone's worries.

PrincessOfChina Thu 16-Jul-15 21:44:42

The dress sounds just like the sort of thing I was after and couldn't find. I wore pink shoes as I couldn't find either black or white ones in my rush out earlier. Nobody noticed until late on and then they chuckled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now