Talk

Advanced search

Stylish cross body bag for work

(10 Posts)
ridinghighinapril Thu 16-Jul-15 18:37:51

Sorry if this has been done before...

..but from Sept I will be doing the school run which will involve a 15min walk. At some point I will definitely get caught in a massive downpour.

Only problem is that most stylish, medium size, cross body bags are open (i.e. don't completely zip up) so all contents will get soaked.

Tote bags are out, as they are not cross body and I need my hands free with 2 young kids, plus my shoulder starts aching.

It needs to be big enough for: wallet, keys, bottle of water, sandwich.
I have looked at designer and non-designer bags but I am willing to spend a fair bit, as all the high street bags I have used have only ever lasted a year or so before becoming tatty.

Michael Kors looks ideal (good size, zips up, cross body, fair price) but it's so ubiquitous that I can not bear to buy one. Mulberry bags, equally ubiquitous but much much more expensive (and I don't really like the look of them much anyway but I think I am alone in that camp).

Can anyone recommend a bag? Thanks!

Alwaysinahurrynow Thu 16-Jul-15 21:06:27

Coach - mid price between Mulberry and Michael Kors and lots of cross-body options

OvertiredandConfused Thu 16-Jul-15 22:01:39

I use a small cross body bag and a back pack. Actually find it easier to carry stuff that way than have a large-ish bag banging around my body!

Would that work?

Hottypotty Thu 16-Jul-15 22:03:14

Mbmj Natasha?

Hassled Thu 16-Jul-15 22:05:32

There are loads of nice ones at Fat Face.

ridinghighinapril Thu 16-Jul-15 22:22:19

Good suggestions, thanks!

I did consider small cross body and backpack and wondered whether it'd all become too cumbersome with all the kids' paraphernalia but I'll revisit that idea.
I will definitely check out the other bags mentioned, too.

Btw, no offence to anyone with an MK or Mulberry bag - I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at them if I didn't have to think very carefully [over analyse every bag] before spending that kind of money.

monkeysmama Fri 17-Jul-15 09:44:32

& Other Stories do stylish, well priced leather cross body bags, I really rate their quality. Cos too.

Coastingit Fri 17-Jul-15 11:05:32

Another vote for Marc Jacobs Natasha.

Lion12 Sat 18-Jul-15 08:08:20

A 3rd vote for MJ Natasha. I use my nylon one more than the leather as its so light

BikeRunSki Sat 18-Jul-15 08:12:05

White Stuff often do this kind of thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now