Talk

Advanced search

Longer length vests

(25 Posts)
LurkingQuietly Thu 16-Jul-15 17:23:02

I need help! Having (I think) exhausted my local shopping centre, I am stuck. I am pregnant and tall, and just need some (non-maternity) stretchy, long vest tops to cover my bump/the top of my maternity jeans. Preferably with wider straps, not strappy straps if you know what I mean?!

LurkingQuietly Thu 16-Jul-15 17:24:03

Oops - posted too soon. I would be very grateful if someone can suggest places I might not have looked. My primary had none in, nor did New Look.

Thank you!!

LurkingQuietly Thu 16-Jul-15 17:24:41

FFS. Primark, not Primary. Cheers autocorrect.

MewlingQuim Thu 16-Jul-15 17:31:08

I had some Gap maternity vests when I was pregnant. They were exactly the same as a normal vest except longer and very stretchy and comfortable, but not shaped for a bump at all. I still wear them as I find normal vests too short. I don't know if Gap still sell them.

I also had some maternity vests from mothercare which were similar but cheaper. Not such a nice stretchy material, though.

LurkingQuietly Thu 16-Jul-15 17:40:14

Lovely, I didn't try Gap so will give them a go. Thank you smile

Smurfingreat Thu 16-Jul-15 17:40:43

H&M, they are on their website as jersey dresses, but they are basically a long vest, I'm 5'10 and they come to mid thigh on me. Don't know how well they will stretch over a bump, but I'm size 16 and they stretch round my beer gut!

Turquoiseblue Thu 16-Jul-15 17:43:00

You need to order online as I find the instore stock is appalling.
I have a few from new look, and h and m
Hush ones are brilliant (too big when not pregnant !) and on sale at the moment ...

AWafferthinmint Thu 16-Jul-15 17:44:35

I've just bought lots of these from next online. I'm sure they had some sort of offer on too?

mewkins Thu 16-Jul-15 17:52:23

Esprit ones are fab. Next do some in basic colours and good enough quality.

LurkingQuietly Thu 16-Jul-15 17:55:12

Oh you wonderful lot! Thanks so much. I was hoping to buy in store as I have a shopping centre voucher, but looks like I'll have to buy online and spend the voucher on a treat rather than a necessity! Shame!

westcountrywoman Thu 16-Jul-15 17:56:58

Next do longline vests although maybe only the strappy style.

Sometimesjustonesecond Thu 16-Jul-15 18:19:36

Peacocks have some. The ribbed ones are nice and stretchy and only £4

goodasitgets Thu 16-Jul-15 18:50:14

Matalan

goodasitgets Thu 16-Jul-15 18:50:59

www.matalan.co.uk/womens/shop-by-category/tops/vests/s2606638/longline-vest

BrittaTheNeedlesslyDefiant Thu 16-Jul-15 19:15:29

I love the Hush ones.

poppym12 Thu 16-Jul-15 20:11:28

best longer ones i've found are H&M £3.99 ones. they are quite thin straps but they're adjustable.

Chimchar Thu 16-Jul-15 22:07:03

Matalan and asda had some today, in loads of lovely bright colours.

BringMeTea Fri 17-Jul-15 07:13:33

I bought one in Sainsbury's only this week. I have a very long body and this is mid thigh on me! Aces. £5.

Mimigolightly Fri 17-Jul-15 07:53:36

Sweaty Betty do some amazing vests - the Mantra vests are my fave. Obviously they're sportswear but they are nice and long, the fabric is beautiful and they wash well. Lots of colours too.

Cric Fri 17-Jul-15 07:54:40

H&M!

ChishandFips33 Fri 17-Jul-15 08:08:24

Matalan £4, come below bottom to upper thigh - might need a bigger size than normally worn to go over your bump as they are quite a firm material

I bought long ones from TK Maxx and wanted some less long and got the Matalan ones - they were just as long!

123Jump Fri 17-Jul-15 09:17:30

Baukjen do good quality,really long ones.
Boden are also doing a long line vest at the minute too, which is good.

Shantotto Fri 17-Jul-15 10:03:36

I'm a little over 6ft and I bought loads of vests from Long Tall Sally - lots in the sale right now.

I'm 38 weeks and and a size 16 and the stretch over bump fine and I think will be handy afterwards to layer under tops for breastfeeding. I did get the ones with thin straps but sure they have thicker strap ones too. They also have some very long t shirts / Jersey dresses in the sale which I picked up.

Coastingit Fri 17-Jul-15 11:03:46

The H and M vest 'dresses' are brilliant! I lived in them when pregnant, they're perfect. And cheap as chips. They're not dress length when you have a bump, they just cover it nicely.

Couldashouldawoulda Fri 17-Jul-15 21:07:36

LTS. I lived in a couple of those when I was pregnant. They have loads of colours to choose from online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now