Talk

Advanced search

Dark shadows under eyes

(10 Posts)
Jenna333 Thu 16-Jul-15 15:32:39

After a stressful year with a good few sleepless nights I've gone and got some dark shadows under my eyes. I'm trying to get back to good sleeping habits. Has anyone managed to get rid of their dark shadows? I'm 41.

TheBeagleHasLanded Thu 16-Jul-15 17:59:40

Not yet (I'm 46) but I'm giving it my best shot. I'm trying Hylamide Sub-Q Eyes from Boots. Also drinking 3 litres of water a day. I figure the more moisture I can get into the skin under my eyes the better any concealer will potentially look. At the moment it just seems to highlight how dry and crepey my skin is becoming. To be honest I think I'm just genetically predisposed to circles as I'm fair skinned. Bugger!

BumWad Thu 16-Jul-15 18:04:19

Nars creamy concealer. Swear by it!

ihatethecold Thu 16-Jul-15 18:13:07

Water really is the best cure.
More than you think you need.

MsBojangles Thu 16-Jul-15 19:06:29

Second Nars concealer, it's miracle stuff!

whereismagic Thu 16-Jul-15 20:17:50

I had an appointment with a dermatologist and she said that drinking water without eating the right stuff (oily fish, avocado etc) is like pouring water in a sieve. If there is nothing to keep water in it will just go straight through your system. I have a suspicion that some problems with skin around eyes can be to do with subclinical hypothyroidism.

Jenna333 Thu 16-Jul-15 20:29:10

Ah that's interesting. I've had Hypothyroidism for 28 years.
I remember using concealer there in my twenties. I'm try that concealer and drinking a lot of water.

Mimigolightly Fri 17-Jul-15 07:56:44

Unfortunately most under-eye shadows are more due to genetics than lifestyle. Try a good concealer like a pp recommended.

hugoagogo Fri 17-Jul-15 08:44:43

I have worn concealer under my eyes since I was about 12-they are just dark.

I am not convinced anything I do would make any difference, but as you've not always had them it might work for you.

So yeah genetics- thanks Dad hmm

burnishedsilver Fri 17-Jul-15 09:13:35

For me, dark shadows under my eyes are a sure sign that I'm low on iron.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now