Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cold Creams- In or out?

(8 Posts)
TeaAddict235 Thu 16-Jul-15 10:51:49

A friend with excellent skin stated that she used cold cream in the evenings to take off her make up. So I thought that I would give it a go too. But i've noticed that very few places (MUA etc) give up to date recommendations on cold creams. Are they considered old or out dated in face of todays technology with micellar waters etc?

i've been trying the Ponds cold cream for reference, but haven't found anything else to compare it with.

FrugalFashionista Thu 16-Jul-15 10:55:58

Karlie Kloss spoke recently about how much she loves Pond's so I guess it might have a mini comeback.

FrugalFashionista Thu 16-Jul-15 10:58:18

KK interview

MitzyLeFrouf Thu 16-Jul-15 11:01:42

The ingredients list for cold cream probably isn't that different to many of the hot cloth cleansers that are uber popular these days. I think Avene have a cold cream in their range. I don't fancy the idea of removing with cotton wool but am now intrigued to try one with a hot flannel.

MitzyLeFrouf Thu 16-Jul-15 11:02:46

Actually I think Pond's cold cream had a moment a couple of years ago when Kylie attributed her botox face to using this product.

Mimigolightly Thu 16-Jul-15 11:48:05

Avene do a lovely Cold Cream Gel that gets rid of the most stubborn eye make-up really well and makes your skin feel great.

carabos Thu 16-Jul-15 20:23:05

I've been using cold cream / hot flannel method for nearly 40 years. I use Boots own brand as it's cheaper than Pond's. I like the claggy feel and it leaves your skin feeling clean and soft. I do add a moisturiser after.

The only time I've had a comment about this regime is from a skincare sales assistant who gave me this look hmm and said I was far too old to be using "baby products". confused.

TeaAddict235 Thu 16-Jul-15 21:51:48

Thank you for the responses. My friend seems to have a "botox" forehead too, completely wrinkle free.
I'll watch the video, thanks frugal.
When my Ponds finishes, i might try the Boots own one that you recommended carabos. Ponds has a scent that grows on you, but isn't immediately enticing. Superdrug hasn't much to offer either, and Avon don't seem to offer anything at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now