Talk

Advanced search

Highlight just done - roots?

(3 Posts)
Pileofstuffatthebottomofthesta Thu 16-Jul-15 08:45:27

Morning

Had highlights done earlier in week for first time in a while. Should the highlights go right to the scalp? I already have roots in some places - not huge but a few mm and it's definitely not going to be few months before they need redone which is what I'd asked for (
I didn't want something v high maintenance) I could see when she did them she wasn't going up to the scalp but didn't question as I don't know what's right. Am I just being very picky??

RavioliOnToast Thu 16-Jul-15 09:23:01

highlights don't go to the scalp as you shouldn't put bleach on scalp.

I had highlights 3x, first two under my hair so they shone through, then after that I went for a full head. after 2 and a half weeks I had a canny big root that looked almost black (my natural colour is mousey) the contrast was horrible. I ended up putting a full head dye on myself and I've vowed never to ever go blonde again.

ChipsOnChips Thu 16-Jul-15 09:24:43

A good technician will get highlights so close you can't see any re growth. If you look like you have roots then they've done a poor job

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now