Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sunscreen for REALLY oily skin?

(11 Posts)
thisfalseinsight Thu 16-Jul-15 06:34:20

Can anyone recommend one? My skin is ridiculously oily (I've been using Differin for several years, and while it keeps my skin clear, there seems to be a trade-off in oiliness) and most sunscreens turn me into an oil slick in less than an hour. To make matters worse my skin reacts to most chemical sunscreens so I generally need a physical sunscreen (e.g. something zinc oxide based).

Ideally I'd like something I can wear under my foundation, or a sort of BB cream/tinted sunscreen. Does anyone have any suggestions?

sksk Thu 16-Jul-15 22:07:06

Clinique city block sheer spf 25 might suit you or have a look online for cerave sunscreen. They do a body one that is almost identical, I believe, to the facial one but you get more in the tube with the body sunscreen. I don't know how the cerave sunscreen feels by I have used and liked their cream/ lotions.

Carpaccio Thu 16-Jul-15 22:12:35

I have been very happy with Clinique City Block.

I used a La Roche-Posay suncream for oily, acne prone skin and it brought me out in loads of spots.

thisfalseinsight Fri 17-Jul-15 21:05:27

I have used Clinique City Block before, but ages ago--will have to try it again. And Carpaccio, I had the same problem with LRP...part of the reason I'm afraid to try any new sunscreens now!

Sansarya Fri 17-Jul-15 21:06:25

Try Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Clear Face Block. It isn't available in stores but I think you can buy it on eBay. It's the driest sunscreen I've ever used.

violetbunny Sat 18-Jul-15 01:52:56

I have extremely oily skin (it's greasy an hour after I wash my face) and highly recommend Shu Uemura UV under base. It's a mousse type product, SPF30 and does an amazing job of controlling oil. Not greasy whatsoever. Just pat it on over your skincare and before makeup, it works like a primer.

violetbunny Sat 18-Jul-15 01:53:37

Just to add it also comes in a BB version as well as untinted.

Jjcrackers Sat 18-Jul-15 08:58:27

I use Clinique City Block spf 40 and am very happy with it BUT I was told on here that it isn't full spectrum sun screen - ie suitable for day to day protection on the average British day but not for sunny days. The fact the dont have a star rating on the packaging makes me suspect that this is true.

I am gutted as I love it. Keep planning to call them to find out the truth...but obv never get round to it.

Jjcrackers Sat 18-Jul-15 16:07:36

Update - so I went to the Clinique counter today. Apparently it is only for 'incidental sun' ie when you walk from the car to house. Hmmm I am annoyed. They market it as a 'block' but it isn't. I have been wearing it for long periods when out and about. Prob given myself loads of wrinkles by using the wrong product

hollieberrie Sat 18-Jul-15 23:08:04

I like LRP Anthelios Dry Touch Gel Cream. Comes in SPF 50 and is about £12 from Boots. Works well on my oily skin.

I've heard good things about Neutrogena Dry Touch sunblock too, although i havent tried it myself.

Sansarya Sun 19-Jul-15 10:56:08

My skin is not oily but I found that even City Block turned it into an oil slick. The only one that doesn't is the aforementioned Neutrogena and Paula's Choice Resist tinted moisturiser for oily skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now