Talk

Advanced search

I'm a cheeky cheapskate, colours?

(12 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Wed 15-Jul-15 20:32:34

I am massively sorry for this and understand if people tell me to fuck orf, but I really really want my colours done but I genuinely can't afford it. We're cutting everything right back, cancelling Xmas for everyone but thekids and basically being as frugal as possible.

can anyone help me with what they think I should wear?

I have dyed red hair (really dark, looks brown until the light catches it), naturally mousey, really pale skin, pink cheeks, pink undertones in skin, hazel eyes.

I really like to wear navy, khaki, stone, merlot, grey and red red.

does this sound about right?

NowhereNow Thu 16-Jul-15 23:17:26

There are some online quizzes - here's one:
www.thechicfashionista.com/seasonal-color-analysis-2.html

The gold/silver test should help you narrow it down to warm or cool seasons (springs or autumns suit gold, whereas silver looks best on summers or winters). I believe khaki is an autumn only colour, so perhaps check out autumn palettes.

Paperly Fri 17-Jul-15 00:26:21

can you post a picture of a say celebrity who has your colouring? I'm happy to have a go.

Tbh the dark red hair doesn't sound suitable for your colouring, but I could be wrong.

RavioliOnToast Fri 17-Jul-15 09:31:02

I'll have a look now.

I don't know if it's worth mentioning that in terms of skin tone, I always wear a full coverage foundation to even out skin tone and then use a coral blush just on cheekbones.

RavioliOnToast Fri 17-Jul-15 09:39:06

I genuinely can't find anyone, I don't look like me without my Base on. I absolutely have to cover up my vile colouring every single day except today cause I'm hibernating grin

bangingthedrums Fri 17-Jul-15 09:41:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SparkleyDragon Fri 17-Jul-15 09:47:16

why dont you get some materials/clothes in colours that you look good/terrible in and then stand in natural light in front of a mirror and drape them around your neckline and then make a decision on what makes you look good/terrible

'having your colours done' is a bit.... meh

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Fri 17-Jul-15 09:51:23

I won't try and diagnose you, but I'm sure your colouring isn't vile!! If you don't like your skin tone, couldn't that be because your clothes (and maybe hair) aren't the best colours to complement it - which you're trying to do something about?

If your makeup is a really different colour to your actual skin, I think it would be harder for you to recognise which colours suit you. After all, when you pay to get your colours done you're not allowed to wear makeup.

Finally I will echo paperly above and tentatively say that because your hair is dyed red and you hate your skintone, perhaps you are actually cool toned, in which case the coral blush won't suit you either. Maybe playing around with makeup could help?

docket Fri 17-Jul-15 09:57:53

If you look at the veins on the inside of your wrist what colour are they? If they look blue you are cool and if green, warm. Pink undertones would suggest you are cool anyway.

Another factor is clear vs soft. Is there a big difference between your skin colour, hair and eyes? Eg someone with black hair, blue eyes and pale skin is clear, someone with brown hair, hazel eyes, olive skin is a soft.

From what you've written you sound cool and clear to me but it's hard to say!

RavioliOnToast Fri 17-Jul-15 14:25:57

I have hated my skin from being a toddler, I have really high colouring, bright red cheeks permanently. It literally runs from my eye to.my jawline, bright red blotches. It's bloody horrible. I am covered in freckles aswell. if I'm honest I think I suit the coral blush.

RavioliOnToast Fri 17-Jul-15 21:52:32

I just had a look on the kettlewell website and seem to wear colours from 2/3 seasons, some from cool,some from warm, some from soft etc. a little bit of everything.

Taking into account what yous were saying about not wearing makeup for colour analysis seems a bit pointless for me as my skin is practically completely red and I would never walk about like that.

also, I often dye my hair different colours, about 3 weeks ago I was blonde, now I'm a d eep red, and was considering Violet next so I'll maybe just stick to wearing what I like and just pick a few colours and buy everything matching grin

Casmama Fri 17-Jul-15 22:57:37

Advice I have seen from colour consultants is to pick your favourite season from kettlewell and stck to that because at least a all the colours will be in the same season and therefore go together well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now