Talk

Advanced search

trainers that look okay as part of numerous outfits?

(50 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Wed 15-Jul-15 19:44:36

do these things actually exist???

I've been looking at black Nike Roche? I need some trainers that are pretty universal in terms of what they can be worn with, but they need to be comfortable, supportive, and not flat like converse, also I don't think I'd get my feet into converse either, they're quite wide. I'll try anything though, even no makes like newlook or whatever. It's literally for walking over the summer. I have a pair of wide fitting simply be converse shnideys that I had on today and my feet are killing sad

please s&b gurus, help me find the perfect trainer!!!

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Wed 15-Jul-15 19:50:04

I have a pair of sketchers go walk and they are very comfortable.

I am a recent convert to Nike Roshe. They are so comfortable! So far I've worn them with:
skinnies
shorts
denim mini
tube skirts both mini and midi
a maxi skirt

I love my Converse, but the Nikes are a zillion times more comfortable.

I think they are quite narrow though, although mine are children's (little feet!) so it might be down to that.

RavioliOnToast Wed 15-Jul-15 19:53:29

remus do you wear them with socks? like little trainer liners? either with or without frills? realises I sound about 10

RavioliOnToast Wed 15-Jul-15 19:54:50

like this

I've been wearing the invisible trainer liners, because I wouldn't want socks to be seen. When I've worn them with skinnies so far, the skinnies have been cuffed to have my ankles out, so again needed so sockage on display!

Oh and I love socks with frills - but only with full length jeans, or peeping out of ankle boots (also sound ten!).

RavioliOnToast Wed 15-Jul-15 20:01:21

where do.I get those liners you mean? I'm on Google images now and nobody has socks on show grin

what about those new balance things aswell? I've heard good things about them?

I didn't like the NB ones - found them really heavy and chunky on my skinny ankles. My d1 (20 and v stylish) says they look like Lego Man shoes.

Invisible things or I buy those foot things that are made out of tights material - just to avoid the bare feet creating stinky shoes problem.

stripytees Wed 15-Jul-15 20:05:29

I love my New Balance 420, mine are mainly black with a bit of grey and yellow at the back. I wear them with skirts and tights in colder weather, and also with skinnies with those trainer liner socks. I mostly buy the socks from TK Maxx.

SurlyCue Wed 15-Jul-15 20:06:08

For hidden socks i have been able to get them in asda and peacocks. Theyre all I wear at the minute.

Cocolepew Wed 15-Jul-15 20:06:16

If you look for footsies they are smaller than trainer socks. I hate socks showing so wear them, if not I just wear nothing but it makes your trainers smell grin. Tesco, Primark or Matalan all have them

Cocolepew Wed 15-Jul-15 20:07:11

Xpost about stinky trainers smile

BikeRunSki Wed 15-Jul-15 20:10:46

Trainer liner socks are everywhere. You can get multipacks in Primark for a few pounds.

museumum Wed 15-Jul-15 20:12:56

I've got brown leather Vans. They look flat like converse but are actually really cushioned inside. Also a bit wider than cons.

FieryWill Wed 15-Jul-15 20:13:38

I've just bought these and they're the comfiest shoes I've had for a long time. I also think they look good with jeans and shorts.

BikeRunSki Wed 15-Jul-15 20:14:45

I have wide feet. I can wear Converse OK (but I am an 8 and I think they start coming up wider in "men's" sizes), but find Nike trainers too narrow.

bloodyteenagers Wed 15-Jul-15 20:15:07

Liners are everywhere.
Trainers, Skechers every time. I have various names in trainers but I always go back to the Skechers. Can be on my feet all day and not ache.

Coastingit Wed 15-Jul-15 20:17:23

Nmnmnope, sorry, to me they are just another bloggery fad like how everyone had Converse, then Ash wedges, then New Balance, then Stan Smiths.

I just googled 'Nike Roshe Run Women Black' and google suggested adding the word 'outfits' so I did and it was wanky blogger paradise.

Sorry to be the voice of dissent but I feel it's my duty grin But as you say if you only want to wear them for a summer then why not. I'm sure they are comfier than sandals or espadrilles or whatever is actually stylish!

birchwoods Wed 15-Jul-15 20:19:06

I've been considering some Nike Roshe for a while, I think they look great and I've heard they're really comfy!

They look much nicer than San Smiths, which remind me of Robert Smith in 1984 (fine on Robert Smith in 1984, but not somewhere I'd want to return to).

Cocolepew Wed 15-Jul-15 20:23:51

Ive irdered bright blue Roshes for DD, if they are comfy I'm going for a black pair.

RavioliOnToast Wed 15-Jul-15 20:25:02

I don't mind what brand they are to be honest, I just need some comfort in my life! grin my ankles were throwing after walking about 6 miles with a big pram, loads of shit on the bottom and a 3 year old on the buggy board. I shouldn't really give a toss what people think to be honest, I've got nobody to impress and dh doesn't care what I have on my feet grin grin I'm only 22 though, so have lots of young friends who are very fashionable sad

SadieSue29 Wed 15-Jul-15 20:31:55

Can we have some pictures of outfits please? I have these but have only ever worn them whilst faffing in and out the garden with leggings.

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now