Talk

Advanced search

IPL hair removal- any good?

(5 Posts)
susurration Wed 15-Jul-15 17:11:23

Has anyone had IPL hair removal? Either in a salon or bought their own IPL stuff?

In particular thinking about my chin area, as I have PCOS related unwanted facial hair. For a while I plucked the very small patch but its getting awful now and I'm really fed up.

Any experiences would be appreciated.

CarpeJugulum Wed 15-Jul-15 17:25:35

I bought the Veet Version for my top lip and chin. I normally have to epilate/pluck/trim using a wand on a daily basis.

Shaved the area as required (eeek!) zapped on the lowest level and apart from one area which I couldn't zap due to a hormonal spot, I haven't had to do anything to it at all. I need to repeat at their stated levels, but I'm so impressed. Planning my underarms tomorrow.

susurration Wed 15-Jul-15 21:07:47

Oh you got results as quickly as that? thats interesting! thanks

iwantgin Wed 15-Jul-15 22:13:03

I have had laser and IPL on my underarms and bikini line in the past few years.

The laser is by far the better treatment. After a course of laser on my bikini line I was hair free for many years. It doesn't last forever -so I booked in for IPL to zap the new growth. IPL did not do it for me. Perhaps having a home IPL gun would work, but going to a salon for a course of treatments would need to be repeated quite frequently ime.

If you can get laser instead then I think you will find it more effective.

CarpeJugulum Fri 17-Jul-15 06:55:02

Did my lower legs and underarms yesterday morning.

Normally, my underarms would be very stubbly the day after shaving - if I was wearing a sleeveless top I'd would have to shave them. Same with my legs.

I'm happy to report that while there are a few bits I've missed blush I'm not stubbly at all.

So, for me, the Veet machine is fabulous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now