Talk

Advanced search

Posh afternoon tea - what to wear?

(7 Posts)
macnab Wed 15-Jul-15 14:33:10

Going to afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason. I have no idea what to wear. I was thinking the trusted skinny jeans (dark), heels & blazer with nice top & jewelry but someone told me that I should have a 'tea dress' and keep tops of my arms covered! Now I'm in a bit of a muddle and have no idea what to wear. I don't own a tea dress! I'm 40, slim and petite. Please advise!

dexter73 Wed 15-Jul-15 14:47:49

I think your outfit sounds fine. I don't think tea dresses are a requirement for tea!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 15-Jul-15 14:52:10

Sounds fine, I think the only place that has a dress code is The Ritz and that's more that men where a jacket and tie. Everything is pretty casual these days. Have funsmile

Rosieliveson Wed 15-Jul-15 14:55:05

Last time I went (2010) There was a a smart casual dress code and smart jeans were acceptable.
You could call and ask. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't need to wear a dress though.

mrsmeerkat Wed 15-Jul-15 14:56:32

I would stick with the skinny jeans as long as they are smart.

polyhymnia Wed 15-Jul-15 15:49:54

I'm sure your outfit will be fine. Have never heard mention of a dress code when I've bee there.

macnab Wed 15-Jul-15 16:29:07

Phew, that's good to hear! Smart casual it is so. Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now