Talk

Advanced search

Bra intervention - I need help!

(9 Posts)
Minxy78 Wed 15-Jul-15 12:31:32

So this bra intervention thing is all new to me, but can I please ask for help from some of the experts on here?!

I've been wearing 36f for a few years, comfy enough but lots of back fat and bra straps constantly falling off my shoulders.

After reading a recent thread over on chat, my new size is apparently 36gg. I don't have the money to splurge online and I can't get to a city with decent stockists at the moment...so I've been buying one bra at a time off eBay, but with no success so far!

I thought I'd try 34hh first as I'm pretty chubby, and I read that going down a band and up a cup or two might also work. Bought a Freya 34hh, the band was perfect but cups massive. Re-sold it on eBay. Bought a Panache 34h...terrible fit! The sides dug into my armpits, cups weren't right.

I've just got a Bravissimo 34h, am wearing it now. Very comfy band and straps but the cup is slightly baggy still.

Waaah! I know different styles fit in different ways, but I'm losing hope here! I just want some nice bras that fit!
Any suggestions please, ladies?

stripytees Wed 15-Jul-15 12:33:16

What are your actual measurements under boobs and leaning forward?

Minxy78 Wed 15-Jul-15 12:44:38

36 and 46

Minxy78 Wed 15-Jul-15 21:30:08

Anyone? Please!!

SorrelForbes Wed 15-Jul-15 23:00:48

Hellooooo,

OK, you're correct in that your measurements suggest a 36GG. It definitely sounds like your 36F is too big in the band and too small in the cup so the 36GG makes sense. However, it also sounds like the Freya and Panache 34H/34HHs weren't right either. I think you need to stick with the 34 band but try to work out which style/make is best for your shape.

Which Freya, Panache and Bravissimo bras have you tried?

Minxy78 Thu 16-Jul-15 06:33:53

Hi, thanks for replying. I don't know what they are called as they were off eBay. The latest bravissimo one turned out to be the worst of the lot, though! Wires digging in everywhere!

Minxy78 Thu 16-Jul-15 06:35:16

I need to get myself somewhere I can try on...then make a note of the styles and buy online/off ebay. I can't afford the mega prices!

SorrelForbes Thu 16-Jul-15 09:58:35

Can you get to a Bravissimo?

Minxy78 Thu 16-Jul-15 11:10:32

I'm going to have to! I'm going to try to get to Manchester next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now