Talk

Advanced search

Jewellery for Newborn Baby Girl?

(11 Posts)
Sarakaya Wed 15-Jul-15 08:45:51

Can anyone suggest me about the newborn baby gifts for a baby girl. I would love to have jewellery for her, but what kind of jewellery should I prefer. Your Ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

Euphemia Wed 15-Jul-15 09:36:47

Is it a friend's child, or a relative?

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 15-Jul-15 09:38:52

Tbh if you mean along the lines of a keepsake (silver bangle etc) id not bother. Totally unsuitable to be worn when baby isthe age they fit so they just end up sat in their box forever.

BeautifulBatman Wed 15-Jul-15 09:41:22

Jewelery for a baby? Just no.

SweetAndFullOfGrace Wed 15-Jul-15 09:44:22

I don't think jewellery is a suitable present for a baby.

SycamoreMum Wed 15-Jul-15 09:47:56

My dd has a very fine gold St Christopher that my sister bought from Ernest Jones I think. I also bought her a 14k gold ID bracelet from a Turkish jewellers, cost £140. Something small and fine would be nice.smile

SomewhereIBelong Wed 15-Jul-15 09:48:53

We were given silver charm bracelets for our girls - in an adult size with a silver first name initial and baby bottle charm on - we add charms to them as time goes on - they wear them now on special occasions- age 13 and 14...

Lj8893 Wed 15-Jul-15 09:51:47

My stepdad bought dd a silver locket when she was born, to be worn when she's older. A baby shouldn't be wearing jewellery!
She's 22 months now and I bought her a silver bangle which she wore on our wedding day a couple weeks ago and will wear on special occasions but not daily.

penguinsaresmall Wed 15-Jul-15 10:35:32

Assuming you mean for when she's older - a silver charm bracelet with one charm - then it can be added to as she gets older...

DragonWithAGirlTattoo Wed 15-Jul-15 10:46:27

(not pandora!!)

Sarakaya Tue 21-Jul-15 08:44:18

She is my best friend's child. Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions. All these ideas sound interesting. Especially, the idea of gifting the silver charm bracelet. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now