Talk

Advanced search

Are any of you 'basics' nerds? I'm looking for the perfect white t-shirt

(15 Posts)
AddToBasket Tue 14-Jul-15 21:48:48

I am looking for the perfect white t-shirt and just haven't found it, but seem to find ones that are too boxy/thin/weird stitching/ribbed collar/spandex sullied etc.

Can anyone suggest one?

I am hoping to find one that's well-cut, not too deep hem or collar, short sleeves but not too long or too short, proper thick material - not see through. I'm sure it's out there, it's just escaping me.

Oh, and I'd love to find the perfect white button-up shirt. Gorgeous basics are hard to find!

MilkThistle187 Tue 14-Jul-15 22:19:23

I tried on lots a couple of weeks ago, all the usual places and was in despair until I found some great ones in Hobbs. iPad won't let me link but it's called Annie.

AddToBasket Tue 14-Jul-15 22:31:43

Almost perfect! But the Hobbs top has a ribbed crew neck and I am hoping for smoooooth.

Quickchangeup Tue 14-Jul-15 22:56:35

Have you tried either J Crew or Banana Republic? My very best fitting shirt is from Banana Republic.

cerealqueen Tue 14-Jul-15 22:58:48

hanes

Wash up nice and wear well and if you don't it like you won't have wasted much money.

WaggleBee Wed 15-Jul-15 00:32:10

Asos had some really nice ones last year but they've changed the fabric mix. Really soft, draped perfectly and not too tight, not too baggy. They weren't really thick though so maybe not what you're looking for.

Have you tried Hush? I like their long vests for layering but not tried any tees.

AddToBasket Wed 15-Jul-15 14:53:17

Hanes is almost perfect too! Again ribbed collar.

V grateful for the replies. I'll go back and check BR and J Crew.

AddToBasket Wed 15-Jul-15 14:54:21

I love Hush things in the pic but they don't wash well. My perfect tee washes like a detergent ad... grin

sleepwhenidie Wed 15-Jul-15 14:57:14

twentymumthing, aka Ambernectarine did a blog post on this recently and recommended Uniqlo...

Darkchocsprinkles Wed 15-Jul-15 16:21:20

Uniqlo are beautifully thick and soft.

Have you tried the Whistles seam-back t-shirts? Here

I recently bought this white shirt and am v pleased with it. It does crumple though, and is quite casual, so if you want smarter it won't be any good.

cerealqueen Thu 16-Jul-15 09:54:58

Hanes aren't ribbed, well the one I have isn't.

GeorginaWorsley Thu 16-Jul-15 10:01:31

Limited collection at Marks

Oly4 Thu 16-Jul-15 14:31:36

White Company?

Bearleigh Thu 16-Jul-15 21:59:35

Margaret Howell? They last and last and always feel beautiful:

www.margarethowell.co.uk/women-4/sportswear/perfect-tshirt-white

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now