Talk

Advanced search

Toner for highlighted hair - can any hairdressers help please?

(4 Posts)
beanhead24 Tue 14-Jul-15 21:32:48

When I get my highlights done, the hairdressers puts on a 'toner' afterwards to kill any brassiness. This then seems to wash out after 4ish weeks & from then on, hair starts to look a bit too 'warm'. This is despite using touch of silver purple shampoo.

I'd like to get the toner done after a few weeks to refresh the colour inbetween highlights appointments, but salon want to charge me for the toner (£10) plus a £25 blow dry that I don't want/need.

Any hairdressers out there know of any toners that I can but & use at home??

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I can't read what I am typing properly am on phone!

Dukketeater Tue 14-Jul-15 21:35:33

You can buy blonde toners in boots in a variety of shades. I like champagne colours.

starburst1979 Tue 14-Jul-15 21:38:11

Live colour do a toner mousse which is fab, I buy platinum but they also sell champagne. I find that leaving the purple shampoo on for 15mins also gets rid of brassiness, however you could end up sporting a Marge Simpson (it washed out in a week haha)

DoloresLandingham Tue 14-Jul-15 23:32:03

Touch of Silver is fine but I have recently discovered L'Oréal Professionel Silver Shampoo and it is the absolute nuts. It's incredibly pigmented (so rinse it off your hands quickly) and absolutely slaughters any yellow tones. I got a huge bottle from Amazon for about £17.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now