Talk

Advanced search

Footner Virgin! Any tips?

(13 Posts)
ThroughTheLongNight Tue 14-Jul-15 20:21:20

So I used my first footner on Friday and the peeling has started. Eek! I am soaking my feet now and they have gone from slightly peely to horrific. How long does the peeling process take and how long should I do the soaking?

Ta grin

Melonfool Tue 14-Jul-15 21:38:59

Mine took more than a full week. Top tip, turn socks and tights that you wore during peeling inside out to wash them. Don't ask me why......

ThroughTheLongNight Tue 14-Jul-15 21:50:09

I am quite thrilled by the horror of my feet.

lucysmam Tue 14-Jul-15 21:55:32

I've been giving mine a gentle rub over with an old shower scrunchie to remove some of the flakey bits while soaking them. Not rubbing hard, just gentle pressure.

I'm still peeling two weeks on shock although the worst is over. Strangely fascinating watching the skin peel away grin My heels are still quite rough though so might give them another go in a month or two.

ThroughTheLongNight Tue 14-Jul-15 22:16:12

Oh dear, my heels are the worst so was hoping for good results there.

Dh is appalled smile

lucysmam Tue 14-Jul-15 22:19:43

My friend's given me some Soap & Glory foot stuff for once they're done, says it should help soften them up some more.

CainInThePunting Tue 14-Jul-15 22:26:02

I did mine on Friday too and the peeling is almost done, except for some little patches. I've been soaking my feet daily sometimes morning and night which it said helps the process along.
When I soaked this morning is was coming off in sheets so gave them a bit of a gentle rub to break it off, the rest appears to have come off in my socks today... It's fascinatingly disgusting isn't it?
Actually think I might Hoover them out before I put them in the wash, agree re inside out!

ThroughTheLongNight Tue 14-Jul-15 22:34:43

cain how long have you been soaking? Haven't really had time so far but did an hour after work today. Have put on socks to resist temptation to pick.

WaggleBee Wed 15-Jul-15 13:49:19

Gently rub them whilst soaking. Speeds it right up.

WaggleBee Wed 15-Jul-15 13:50:03

And I soaked for about an hour each night.

midnightvelvetPart2 Wed 15-Jul-15 14:49:18

Oooh I did mine on Sunday night, no peeling yet. My new foot spa has just turned up though so will be soaking tonight smile smile

ThroughTheLongNight Wed 15-Jul-15 18:10:53

Mine have been coming off in sheets since last nights soaking. On my way home for more soaking and gentle rubbing. Thanks for the tips.

CainInThePunting Thu 16-Jul-15 00:06:55

Sorry for not coming back to thread, at least half an hour each time but to be fair I'm signed off work atm so have nothing better to do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now