Talk

Advanced search

A raincoat I can buy on the high street tomorrow

(10 Posts)
poocatcherchampion Tue 14-Jul-15 19:38:54

Specifically in the bullring Birmingham. I'd like a coloured/not navy or black lightweight raincoat I can wear for work and leisure, and I'd really like it soon.

I want to try it on though as sizing can be all over the place

I thought it would be a simple ask but there was not a single solitary coat in either h&m or sainsburys today. I am too pregnant to go in every shop on spec.

Can you direct me? Budget is £50 absolute max but more like £30 if poss.

Nevercan Tue 14-Jul-15 19:49:26

I'd there a debenhams there? I saw loads today in their blue cross sale. Take a look at their website before you go.

southeastastra Tue 14-Jul-15 20:34:20

trespass? i have a black/pink one from there that is fab, not exactly super trendy but who cares when it's raining. uniqlo do a nice one that you can pack away to a tiny size

FourAndDone Tue 14-Jul-15 20:35:04

Matalan have some in smile

yazzy85 Tue 14-Jul-15 21:03:47

Primark have some as well

webminx Tue 14-Jul-15 22:05:38

north face have a sale on - nice lightweight rain jackets with proper hoods and they're really waterproof

clatteringhooves Wed 15-Jul-15 11:36:11

Mantaray at Debenhams have lots of coloured ones in their sale. Have a look online first www.debenhams.com/women/mantaray/coats-jackets .

SoljaBonita Wed 15-Jul-15 12:13:51

American Apoarel

carrie74 Wed 15-Jul-15 19:05:07

I bought a North Face rain jacket 2 weeks ago in the sale. Not quite your budget, but it's VERY waterproof (has been well tested since purchased!), and I figure will last a while. Mine was £70 and came in a variety of colours ( but I've gone for boring black).

I really think it's a false economy to buy a raincoat from a fashion store as they never actually keep you properly dry.

Lj8893 Wed 15-Jul-15 19:12:13

I saw a gorgeous one in Joules the other day, didn't look at the price but probably slightly over your budget, but would be worth it as my raincoats from Joules have lasted very well in the past.
It was a gorgeous yellow colour, they had other colours too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now