Talk

Advanced search

Mascara recommendation ideally from Boots or Superdrug

(20 Posts)
Ghostlife Tue 14-Jul-15 15:31:45

Looking for a mascara that will give me long thick eyelashes. I am hoping I can get one from Boots or Superdrug.

MitzyLeFrouf Tue 14-Jul-15 15:48:23

Max Factor are the mascara kings I think. Masterpiece (in the black and gold tube) is the one I usually go for.

L'Oreal Telescopic is also good.

Nabootique Tue 14-Jul-15 15:50:01

Agree about Max Factor, but have just discovered Miss Sporty's Lash Millionaire which is really good and about £4.

Nabootique Tue 14-Jul-15 15:53:00

this one

CherryBonBon Tue 14-Jul-15 15:54:25

Max Factor Masterpiece is the best drugstore mascara. It's better than most high end mascaras to be honest.

GrizzlebertGrumbledink Tue 14-Jul-15 15:57:03

Another vote for max factor masterpiece, haven't found a high end one that beats it yet

mowglik Tue 14-Jul-15 16:15:10

Max factor mascaras are always rated really highly so you won't go wrong with one of these, and masterpiece is very good, I used to use this exclusively years ago.

The best mascara I've ever tried to date though would be the boots no 17 hd falsify mascara. I think it's the wand that makes it so good

Check out reviews it's only £6.99 or so I think

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 14-Jul-15 16:45:15

Max Factor is amazing but I prefer No7 intense volume waterproof.

Yep max factor masterpiece, great mascara, loads of definition, no clumps, and doesn't make my sensitive eyes itch.

sonata1 Tue 14-Jul-15 17:37:30

Max factor masterpiece max is fab

Cheerfulcharlie Tue 14-Jul-15 17:43:50

Smashbox photo op eye brightening mascara - fabulous !

Talisin Tue 14-Jul-15 17:45:06

This one from Soap and Glory, available in Boots. My go to when I want something a bit more dramatic.

GatoradeMeBitch Tue 14-Jul-15 18:04:45

L'Oreal Voluminous is one I always go back to. I went through a phase of buying Lancome mascara, but realized it's not worth paying nearly £20 when I can get the same effect for £5-7!

And I loved False Lash Effect for a while, but I had a couple of bad ones in a row, maybe they changed the formula.

TwinPiques Tue 14-Jul-15 18:05:26

Love Thick and Fast from Soap & Glory but I've literally been to Boots this pm to replace mine with a Max Factor False Lash Effect: it's fab, but it just ends up smeared under my eyes in this weather...

GinandJag Tue 14-Jul-15 18:09:33

Not Boots own brand.

I've always liked Max Factor.

Ghostlife Tue 14-Jul-15 18:43:31

Thanks so much everyone just bought Masterpiece and it is fab!

GatoradeMeBitch Sun 19-Jul-15 12:23:28

I bought a Masterpiece mascara after reading this thread - but I hate it sad It's very clumpy and has one of those awful gimmicky wands. But there were about four different kinds! The one I have is Masterpiece Transform. Is the one you are all keen on just the original?

niminypiminy Sun 19-Jul-15 12:38:35

Slight hijack: I'm looking for a tubing mascara and a happy with a very natural look -- I don't want volume or extra curl or any of that stuff. I've used Estee Lauder Double Wear which was great, but would quite like something that isn't so expensive.

Recommendations?

DaftSkunk Sun 19-Jul-15 12:57:34

The No7 tubing mascara is good niminy, in the gold tube. It doesn't budge for anything!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 19-Jul-15 13:13:42

I've tried many types -
S&G (didn't like the gold tube one at all but the black tube was ok)
Bourjois
Barry M
Boots No7 (in my Christmas Advent Calender)
Rimmel

The one I keep going back to over and over is Benefit "They're Real". I have the black and the brown for summer . I'll buy the blue when I'm out next.
Not keen on Bad Gal.

Only downside with They're Real is removing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now