Talk

Advanced search

Flats with skinnies for night out?

(8 Posts)
bluejeanswhiteshirt Tue 14-Jul-15 15:07:05

I'm going out this weekend and had planned on wearing black skinnies with nude heels & bag but the shoes are rubbing me to death and due to the fact that I haven't been out in so long I know I'm going to feel really uncomfortable in them.

Instead I've seen some nude open toe slingbacks (flats) but will they look ridiculous?

TheGirlFromIpanema Tue 14-Jul-15 15:14:19

What sort of night out is it? That would be the decider for me! Gig/festival or any walking and flats are fine imo.

Bars/clubs would depend on the places and how dressy they were (but I'd wear the heels and then spend all night looking for seats wink)

bluejeanswhiteshirt Tue 14-Jul-15 15:22:39

We'll be going to bars but they're not dressy or fancy so I might have looked odd in heels anyway as I'm already quite tall. I'd feel better in heels in terms of how good they look but when it comes to the pain and feeling like a giant, it kind of puts me off! I don't know what to do!

TheGirlFromIpanema Tue 14-Jul-15 15:24:35

aah then in that case I'd go for the flats I reckon! Not for being a giant but cos you won't feel underdressed iyswim smile

Flats much better for staggering walking home in too grin

bluejeanswhiteshirt Tue 14-Jul-15 15:28:40

Yes I think I'll be crawling home after not drinking in 18 months grin

Would open toe or pointy flats look better do you think? Sorry for all the questions!

MadisonMontgomery Tue 14-Jul-15 16:20:52

Always wear flats & skinnies. Heels hurt too much!

bluejeanswhiteshirt Tue 14-Jul-15 22:31:07

Flats it is then smile

Petal02 Wed 15-Jul-15 16:12:36

I feel more dressed up in heels, but walk better in flats - so I often take foldable shoes with me (www.butterflytwists.com) for walking to/from the pub - they're actually quite comfortable and only take up a very small space in my bag!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now