Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help! Spots that never quite go

(10 Posts)
LoisEinhorn Tue 14-Jul-15 14:23:38

On my chin area and one between my nose and lip. Area stays a litle bit pink and then flares up again.
Anyone else? I need tips please, tried Freederm and its not helping

Melonfool Tue 14-Jul-15 21:42:51

Could be cold sores, try Zovirax or similar with same active ingredient.

sksk Wed 15-Jul-15 11:38:25

Could it be peri oral dermatitis?

Mimigolightly Wed 15-Jul-15 12:40:52

If they're not going - and they're definitely spots - then it suggests that there is still something in them.

LRP Effaclar Duo and AI are really good for spots in general.

MarinaCoyle Wed 15-Jul-15 12:49:58

I have this. Spots come on around period- usually one to three sore buggers, then settle down leaving dusky patch of healing skin which never quite goes because another one eventually appears.

I second LRP. Started using effaclar duo- quick make-up and mascara removal with a face wipe, then effaclar cleanser and rinse with water, then toner and moisturiser (all effaclar).

I've been using them about 2 months and and, touch wood, NO big spots. Just two tiny pimple things which dried up and disappeared without a trace. So far, so AMAZING!

There's a pack with all three of them together that I got from boots.

sksk Wed 15-Jul-15 20:21:52

I just got some benzoyl peroxide cream for a sore cystic pimple that I think is due to my shampoo. Is the effacer quite drying?

sksk Wed 15-Jul-15 20:22:24

I mean Effaclar.

Mimigolightly Wed 15-Jul-15 20:24:20

No, I haven't found Effaclar Duo to be drying at all.

MarinaCoyle Wed 15-Jul-15 21:31:54

I haven't found it drying either.

Though I when I used old standard moisturiser for my face I used to be able to rub the excess into my hands and they'd feel moisturised, but with the effaclar they don't, so I use a standard one for hands and around the eye area.

So in summary it probably isn't as thick/moisturisery (invented word) as other creams. But the skin on my face feels lovely these days so it's doing something right!

iwantgin Wed 15-Jul-15 22:00:42

I see someone upthread mentioned perioral dermatitis.

It could be.

Is it itchy? Fluid filled tiny spots which burst quickly, dry up- but then recur pretty quickly?

If so then it might be that.

I get it now and again - always, always in the same patch. Treatment is a 3months course of Lymecycline. It clears within two weeks, but i take the whole course.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: