Talk

Advanced search

Help needed, quick! (Footwear quandary)

(10 Posts)
HolgerDanske Mon 13-Jul-15 22:49:26

I shouldn't keep the lovely slim boots I've just bought if they are just a bit too narrow for my foot, should I? I can tell they're going to become stretched and misshapen at the widest part of my foot and that's not a good look, is it?

But I really want to keep them, they're lovely and I want them!

HolgerDanske Mon 13-Jul-15 23:01:08

Oh dear seems I'm the only shoe lover who's up at this hour sad

You know when a bulge develops on either side of the shoe/boot? That's what is going to happen to these, at least to an extent. And because they're such nice, slim boots I really feel it will ruin the aesthetic. But I'm hoping you'll all come on and say it'll be fine and it's not such a big deal, so I can keep them...

kavv0809 Mon 13-Jul-15 23:02:19

You know the answer pet, in your heart of hearts.

If they're not perfect, send them back.

You deserve the best!

HolgerDanske Mon 13-Jul-15 23:04:15

They are perfect though! That's the problem - it's my horrid wide feet that aren't right enough...

But thank you for your very sensible advice which I probably will listen to in the end, just going to wait a while and see what everyone else says wink

Trumpton Tue 14-Jul-15 05:20:18

Shoes and beds ... If you're not in one ,you are in the other. Get it right.

If they are not perfect on your trotters then they are not right for you and will grieve you every time you wear them.

HolgerDanske Tue 14-Jul-15 06:18:54

They're beatiful and comfortable though

<cries>

Trumpton Tue 14-Jul-15 06:25:24

Foot binding ? grin or ,like in the original Cinderella story , cut your feet down until they fit ?

Chottie Tue 14-Jul-15 06:32:07

Send them back - they are not the only pair of boots in the world. There's another pair out there which are fab and <whispers> fit your feet smile

This comes from the heart, I'm another one with wide feet and it is the pits sad

stripytees Tue 14-Jul-15 10:22:25

Send them back, and post a photo/link of them and we will find you something similar that fits better. smile

HolgerDanske Wed 15-Jul-15 12:05:17

Heh Trumpton I did actually think to myself, I could probably use some athletic tape to just 'encourage' my little toe to lie a bit straighter grin

Sorry for not replying, have been without wifi.

Still got them but really I'm just easing myself into the idea of sending them back..

Thing is they're not too narrow really, they sit well, and they don't hurt or anything, I just know they're not quite going to keep their shape.

Sad times wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now