Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Swim dress?

(17 Posts)
HelpMeGetOutOfHere Mon 13-Jul-15 21:10:17

I'm visiting a spa on Friday and am conscious of my tummy ;doesn't help I'm going with three very slim friends)
I think I'm going to buy a swim dress just to feel more comfortable in myself. I know I will have a robe in as well but still.
I have narrowed it down to these two which is nicer?

www.bonmarche.co.uk/swimwear/pink-spot-bow-swimdress/invt/17720863

Or this one
www.bonmarche.co.uk/swimwear/square-print-bow-swimdress/invt/17720009

I know bin marche is hardly the most stylish shop but I've found there swimwear to fit nicely and no high legs etc. I'm a 12/14 with my weight all around my tummy, quite saggy tummy due to weight loss blush

burnishedsilver Mon 13-Jul-15 21:44:16

The first one is better.

A ruched swimsuit with tummy control panels might be more slimming than a swim dress.

dontknowwhat2callmyself Mon 13-Jul-15 21:45:45

Blue one looks nice might buy one myself as I have the same problem as you with weight around my middle. I usually were a tankini.

SweetAndFullOfGrace Mon 13-Jul-15 21:47:54

I agree with burnished. Ruching and good quality Lycra will hold you in better stead than weird swim dress things that will just make people look at you more closely to find out what you're hiding.

WanderWomble Mon 13-Jul-15 22:02:01

A swimdress isn't weird.

SweetAndFullOfGrace Mon 13-Jul-15 22:03:57

Well. I've never seen one and I grew up in Australia going to the beach a lot. So by weird I mean "wtf is that thing". It would make me wonder what someone was trying to hide.

burnishedsilver Mon 13-Jul-15 22:13:00

I've never seen one either tbh.

Hassled Mon 13-Jul-15 22:15:47

This M&S one is a bit less old-lady?

burnishedsilver Mon 13-Jul-15 22:34:07

This is the same model in 2 different M&S swimsuits. She looks much slimmer in the plain black then in the swim dress.

ShortyShortLegs Mon 13-Jul-15 23:48:12

If you do go for a swim dress, beware the billowy skirt....great when walking from changing room to pool, etc., but they do float up and get annoying in the hot tub!

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Tue 14-Jul-15 07:29:04

Thanks. I'm still undecided now might just order both and see as well as the m&s black one.

Loafliner Tue 14-Jul-15 09:01:56

www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-438062_AK.html?CM_MERCH=REC-_-FPPP-_-GGT-_-3-_-438062-_-449411

Featherbluedot Tue 14-Jul-15 11:48:28

I swear by M&S swimsuits which have a special panel to suck in your tummy. They have a very flattering cut as well.

Featherbluedot Tue 14-Jul-15 11:49:16

You will draw more attention to yourself wearing the swim dress because of its unusual style people will stare at it and you more.

HappyGirlNow Tue 14-Jul-15 12:15:30

I agree that a swim dress will just make people look at you and possibly make you more self-conscious.. Those M&S swimsuits cover as much as the dresses..

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Tue 14-Jul-15 14:00:44

Maybe I'll take both then!

I'm really not into spas. Nothing to do with the being uncomfortable in my swimsuit. I'm not sure why this is different as I wear a swimsuit on holiday and swim twice a week anyway. I don't do the sitting around It's really not my thing but I was given the voucher for my birthday by the friends I'm going with.

SweetAndFullOfGrace Tue 14-Jul-15 14:03:19

I'd get a hammam towel instead and use it sarong style when you're lounging around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now