Talk

Advanced search

Non-aerosol hairspray to replace my discontinued 'Shape and Shine' by Frizz Ease

(7 Posts)
JellyBelly10 Mon 13-Jul-15 19:37:26

Long title...but basically I have used John Frieda's Shape and Shine hairspray for donkeys' years and LOVED it! So obviously they've discontinued it! I didn't use it because I had frizzy hair, in fact my hair is long and straight and fine and absolutely never frizzy....I used it because I much prefer non-aerosol hairsprays and I loved how it held my hair in place and because of the non-aerosol pump-spray bottle you could direct it quite accurately. The aerosol sprays that John Frieda/Frizz Ease have replaced it with are rubbish, I absolutely hate aerosol hairspray because I find that the sheer force of the air coming out flattens and blows my fine hair out of place before it then fixes it ...in the wrong place! I have tried Elnette and other aerosol sprays but they are all the same, I hate them all! So can anyone recommend an alternative non-aerosol/pump hairspray that is good, something not too obscure and hard to get hold of...although if I have to buy it online I will. Thanks.

Becauseicannes Mon 13-Jul-15 19:59:38

Not quite the same thing but if you are after shine and don't like hairspray, why not give pure Argan oil a try? I was recommended this by my hairdresser who told me hairspray would just dull my hair. It looks much glossier and a little goes a long way. I do have big hair prone to frizz.

PrimalLass Mon 13-Jul-15 20:02:56

Paul Mitchell Freeze and Shine is good and smells nice.

JellyBelly10 Mon 13-Jul-15 22:16:43

Thanks. The Paul Mitchell Freeze and Shine sounds good PrimalLass but I can only find it available on Amazon for £22 a bottle!!!!!!!! And I thought my old hairspray was quite expensive at about £5.50 a bottle! I may end up giving it a go though as am desperate to find a proper pump/non-aerosol hairspray. I'm definitely not looking for an oil Becausicannes as have fine hair that has a tendency to look flat, hence why I use hairspray. I assume oil would make it greasy. But thanks for your response.

EatShitDerek Mon 13-Jul-15 22:18:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PrimalLass Tue 14-Jul-15 12:01:05

That's for an enormous bottle JellyBelly.

JellyBelly10 Fri 17-Jul-15 13:35:28

PrimalLass just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation for Freeze and Shine, bought it today in a local hairdressers and although it's quite expensive it's absolutely brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now