Talk

Advanced search

y6 leavers party

(5 Posts)
bikeandrun Mon 13-Jul-15 17:51:23

My DD has tried on the dress she was going to wear to the y6 leavers party, it is too small, the party is tomorrow. It is a party not a prom, so I am thinking funky and fashionable rather than princessy. Limited options due time, location can get to Sainsburys, Matalan or next. She is a very small, young looking 11 some of the girls in her year look very grown up and she doesn't want to look babyish. Also shoes she has got a pair of kitten heels that she has worn for dressing up, she won't be able to run round do cartwheels , dance etc , I'm being ur to insist on converse/ flat sandals. Please help a not very fashionable mum with a stressed daughter.

MairzyDoats Mon 13-Jul-15 17:57:49

Take the flat shoes in a bag, she'll thank you later. She can arrive in the kitten heels. I'd go with a pretty top and shorts.

KateShmate Mon 13-Jul-15 18:02:02

You can do Sainsburys and Matalan tonight - they're open til late, and if nothing then try Next tomorrow. Just grab anything that looks remotely suitable, and take back later smile
Would she wear a skirt and pretty top tucked in?

PerspicaciaTick Mon 13-Jul-15 18:04:48

Playsuits seem very trendy at the moment among Y6 girls

bikeandrun Mon 13-Jul-15 18:22:42

Oh playsuit idea has gone down well! Kittens heels plus flats in a bagsmile style and beauty is great for duffer like me, anyone wants to train for a marathon or choose a new bike i' m your woman! Thanks all xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now