Talk

Advanced search

How do you make your hair nice on non washing days?

(8 Posts)
Behooven Mon 13-Jul-15 11:09:43

I have mid length layered hair. I really am fed up washing and blow drying it every day to make it 'office ready'
I was considering something like this for in between days, I'm not sure it's the right thing for dry hair though...help?!

this

Fallulah Mon 13-Jul-15 11:24:15

I put it up in a variety of twists, messy buns etc. I have curly hair that can go a few days between washes though so this is one of those few times when curly is easier than straight.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 13-Jul-15 11:28:25

I give mine a quick blast with the hairdryer and go over it with a round brush, makes all the difference. When I had a fringe I used to just wash my fringe to perk it up if I was in a rush.

LoadsaBlusher Mon 13-Jul-15 11:29:34

I use dry shampoo and back comb it into a ponytail or twist it into a messy bun.
I find it sits better in an ' up do ' on the second day after washing .

kaymondo Mon 13-Jul-15 11:32:48

I have similar hair OP. On non-wash days it either goes up, or I give it a quick blast with my babyliss big hair to give it some ooomph and smooth it out.

Behooven Mon 13-Jul-15 11:32:52

Thanks. Mine is very straight but does that annoying flick up in random directions where it hits the shoulders - not in a nice way, just messy and unkempt.

I don't suit up dos unfortunately more chins than China I'll try your idea Dame

YoungBritishPissArtist Mon 13-Jul-15 11:42:17

Batiste dry shampoo

Milllii Mon 13-Jul-15 12:28:56

I used to wash and blow dry every day and although it felt lovely and clean it flopped and lacked body. I accidently went four days without washing and it got better and better each day. I used a little batiste XXL for volume and blow dried for all of 5 mins with a huge round brush. It has more volume than every now and looks so thick. Better on 4th day than when just washed. It took some time to get used to not washing it though as I love washing my hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now