Talk

Advanced search

Looking for an alternative to Aveda Brilliant emollient finishing gloss- frizz ease product

(8 Posts)
U2TheEdge Sun 12-Jul-15 14:14:03

I have dry hair which gets very frizzy. The Aveda works well for me and de-frizzes it quite well. I am growing my hair out again and it is starting to fluff up.

I would like to try something under £20. I have tried John Frieda and didn't get on with it.

Thanks.

Itsalldramarama Sun 12-Jul-15 15:52:39

Was just about say john frieda ! What did you try ? Didn't like the frizz ease serum but I got the cream , you can use in damp or dry hair and it has controlled my frizz lovely smile

Indecisivejo Sun 12-Jul-15 16:22:58

Yes the John Freida recovery cream serum is much better than their original one.

U2HasTheEdge Sun 12-Jul-15 16:33:20

Oh I haven't tried the cream, just the serum.

I will give it a go, thanks.

Candlefairy101 Sun 12-Jul-15 16:35:59

Hi! I have frizzy hair (well I did) but now I'm very careful with what I use on my hair. Start off with what shampoo you have been previously been using and what your using now?

Many shampoo are fu of silicon so you 'think' your hair is more sleek but it's just a build up. This is a recent discovery for me as well, I bought a clarifying shampoo to strip all that nasty silicone put, noww I only use argon oil shampoo and our oil on my hair as a defrizz.

What products are you using now including previous stuff? X

underthegardengate Sun 12-Jul-15 17:08:13

Lush's R&B hair moisturiser is amazing for my dry, coarse frizzy hair. I have literally tried everything else but this is by far the best. Turns my hair smooth and curly.

U2HasTheEdge Sun 12-Jul-15 17:18:59

I just use whatever shamp/cond is on offer to be honest.

What shampoo did you buy candle?

I love Lush products but haven't tried that. Adds that to the list of things to try.

Candlefairy101 Sun 12-Jul-15 19:13:22

At the moment I'm using some from tkmaxx, it's called argon oil and is made in England, I get mine on offer as well but go to tkmaxx as you can get real good stuff with no silicone in, just look on the back and anything in the ingredients that end in 'com' it has some sort of silicone in �� I used to think that's Pantene was amazing for my frizzy hair but it turns out after years of using it, that it destroyed my hair. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now