Talk

Advanced search

Wedding outfit when breastfeeding

(8 Posts)
SilverHoney Sun 12-Jul-15 12:13:24

Attending a wedding on Aug 1st, normally I would go for a fitted, floral print type dress (hopefully I've attached a pic?). However my then 10 week old DD will be in tow and there's no way of getting my boobs out!

Please help my find something breast feeding friendly that doesn't make me look / feel frumpy! I'm only 25 and all of my lovely (child free) friends will be looking slim and gorgeous. envy

Details: size 14ish, very tall, huge norks, budget of £80ish, casual shabby chic type wedding, I'll probably wear flats but could wear heels if the outfit calls for it. Help me mumsnet!!

merrymouse Sun 12-Jul-15 12:15:46

What kind of breastfeeding clothes do you feel most comfortable wearing now?

SilverHoney Sun 12-Jul-15 12:21:08

Ive got a couple of nursing tops from H&M but find them a faff to be honest. Mostly wear a vest underneath that gets pulled down, and a baggy / stretchy top that gets pulled up. I'm quite confident with feeding her in public, and could always throw a shawl over us if there's a bit too much flesh on show, but again I normally find this a faff so don't bother.

BananaToast Sun 12-Jul-15 12:34:08

Phase Eight have a good sale on with lots of feeding friendly dresses. I just bought this one for a wedding in August where I'll have a 3 month old in tow. It was out of stock online but I found it in store.

www.phase-eight.com/fcp/product/phase-eight/dresses/hiromi-print-maxi-dress/202956442

merrymouse Sun 12-Jul-15 12:36:43

I haven't got an example, but would look for a skirt that is similar to dress in your picture that you can match to a black stretchy top - black vest under short sleeved cotton cardigan for a twin set look?

SilverHoney Sun 12-Jul-15 12:40:56

Wow that's a good sale price! Thanks I'll have a look phase 8. I think a trip to the Trafford centre is probably necessary

SilverHoney Sun 12-Jul-15 12:46:12

I was thinking maybe a fitted skirt and loose chiffon top? Plus the spanks under the skirt! Until I try some stuff on though I really don't know.

Mummify Sun 12-Jul-15 12:48:47

Try Seraphine? Some good stuff but watch the prices. I got some good dresses from Dorothy Perkins but they don't seem to do a lot of maternity / breastfeeding dressed any more. I also had a great maxi dress which was good for feeding - it was just a regular v neck maxi, but perfect for feeding. Hope you find something nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now