Talk

Advanced search

Bruising after wax

(8 Posts)
yallahabibi Sun 12-Jul-15 12:09:31

Back from my first visit to a reputable salon to get holiday ready and its resulted in weltly bits and bruising from the BL wax. I am a regular waxer but it was a different coloured or type wax than I've normally had . It's not the look I'd hoped for .Should I apply anything ?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 12-Jul-15 13:34:44

Is arnica cream supposed to help with bruising?

Aquamarine70 Sun 12-Jul-15 14:32:03

Was it hot wax or strip wax that was used? Strip wax on the bikini area can cause bruising. Aloe Vera may soothe or sudicream if sore. Arnica at help too. Avoid any tight knicker line or jeans for a few days to allow to heal.

bluesbaby Sun 12-Jul-15 15:57:59

Their technique may have been poor. The skin should have been stretched taut while pulling wax off, and then light pressure applied to the area after removal (within seconds after pulling it off).

Indecisivejo Sun 12-Jul-15 16:21:21

Bruising occurs when the skin isn't stretched well before removing the strip or hot wax!

yallahabibi Sun 12-Jul-15 16:26:14

it was warm wax with those cotton strips. It's a horrid result . I have been having salon waxes for many years and have had a few painful episodes but the thing is this doesn't hurt just looks dreadful . Should I tell the salon ?

Aquamarine70 Mon 13-Jul-15 06:51:09

I would tell the salon. They may refund your money or give you a credit. The therapist needs to know if she had poor technique as she may be doing it to other clients.

Indecisivejo Mon 13-Jul-15 15:56:40

Yes I would tell the salon, ask to speak to the owner. Bruising is not a "normal" reaction, redness, blood spots, bumpy skin etc are all common complaints after a waxing procedure but bruising is down to the technique of the therapist. (I am a beauty therapist myself)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now