Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hylamide - opinions please.

(25 Posts)
HexBramble Sat 11-Jul-15 22:16:06

Toying with the idea of buying some.
Use Roche Possay face wash and whatmy vet moisturiser is on offer. This isn't working for me - too many breakouts, enlarged pores, and wrinkles galore - mostly frown lines judging by the God-awful term I've just had in school.

Help sort me out!

MsBojangles Sat 11-Jul-15 22:56:37

It's nice enough for temporary plumping but don't expect miracles. I prefer it to the overrated Hydraluron.

sonata1 Sun 12-Jul-15 00:25:51

I have been using it for a couple of days and can see the difference. Not sure if it's worth using at night as well if the effect is temporary MsBojangles ? Is it not cumulative then? I bought the eye serum as well and have experienced a momentary stinging around one eye which resolved almost immediately. Early days on that one. Watch this space !

HexBramble Sun 12-Jul-15 06:10:08

Watching with interest!
Thanks ladiesthanks

MsBojangles Sun 12-Jul-15 11:20:33

To be honest sonata my skin is looking pretty decent at the moment but I've introduced so many new products it's impossible to tell what has done what iykwim.

Maybe it is doing something more than holding in moisture, I don't know confused

Kundry Sun 12-Jul-15 12:03:30

It's much better than Hydraluron. On a day to day basis you get a bit of plumping and a sort of hard to pin down brightness. God knows if it's doing any of the long term wrinkle stuff it claims. Am using it twice a day - I think I can see a difference but doubt that anyone else can grin

Won't do anything for breakouts and prob not for pores - you need acid and retinol for those.

burnishedsilver Sun 12-Jul-15 12:19:19

I've only been using it for a few weeks and I like it. My skin looks plumped and dewy. I suspect it is temporary but I'm ok with that.

Kundry Sun 12-Jul-15 12:24:13

What I would say is be careful of the bottle - one swipe with a flannel and 75% of my Hylamide was on the bathroom floor sad

sonata1 Sun 12-Jul-15 12:27:38

I use 2 drops for my whole face and 1 drop of the eye serum. Gawd knows why the eye serum stings when you first put it on. Happened again this morning.

HexBramble Sun 12-Jul-15 18:04:19

Ok, well I'm due a treat so may splurge on my Boots Points.

Next question - which one should I buy? I'll avoid the eye one....

Also, if I tackle my pores with the retinol, how do I work this into my skin care regime?

Thank you. Am clueless!

MsBojangles Mon 13-Jul-15 22:33:39

Noticed my face feels a bit firmer today, is that the Hylamide I wonder? Been using it about 3 weeks now.

MsBojangles Mon 13-Jul-15 22:44:02

It's this one, Hex www.boots.com/en/Hylamide-SubQ-Anti-Age-Advanced-Serum-30ml_1672230/

Cloggal Mon 13-Jul-15 22:50:57

kundry and mrsBojangles, is it used in the same way as hydraluron, trapping water from moisturiser put on after iyswim?
I dislike the feel of hydraluron on my oily skin but I do like the extra hydration it seems to give to my dehydrated face, my make up lasts longer. Would hylamide be a better solution? Thanks in advance thanks

MsBojangles Mon 13-Jul-15 23:06:18

Yep it works the same way but supposedly with loads of peptides. It's a different texture, very watery, so you might prefer it, Cloggal.

Cloggal Mon 13-Jul-15 23:10:06

Thanks msbojangles - that sounds like a better fit for me, think I'll get it on my advantage card points...

sonata1 Tue 14-Jul-15 22:36:56

The eye serum is still stinging every time I use it. It does stop but surely it shouldn't be doing that? Should I take it back?

MsBojangles Thu 16-Jul-15 01:02:27

Sonata, are you using acid toners and/or retinols?

I only use the basic face Hylamide but it's the only product that stings like buggery for the initial few seconds after application, I'm guessing that the watery texture is deceiving and it's much more active than we gave it credit for.

duckwalk Thu 16-Jul-15 02:55:32

I have purchased the eye serum and general all over face one, after reading this thread! I suffer from dark shadows and my tear trough area is beginning to look sunken (heredity, only early 30s!). Had been reading up and seemed the only solution was tear trough fillers at £120. Was toying with the idea but will give this a go first! Collecting from boots on Friday so wish me luck!

sonata1 Thu 16-Jul-15 22:24:46

This from Hylamide about the stinging

Dear Sonata1
Thank you for reaching out to us. Some consumers have experienced a slight tingling sensation when applying our SubQ Eye Serum to their skin. However, this is a normal sensation as it's merely the product being absorbed into your skin.

We hope this to answer your question.

Best,

Your friends at Hylamide

Well I wouldn't call it tingling, rather someone stabbing me with red hot needles for about 10 seconds ! and MsBojangles, I do use acid toners (but not retinol). I wonder if that has any bearing on it.My undereye area is a bit firmer but I can't see any reduction in bags and dark circles. I will persevere with the bottle but doubt I will repurchase. As I said, I am pleased with the face serum. Definitely plumper skin.

duckwalk Sat 18-Jul-15 02:15:11

My 2 products arrived earlier today!! Literally couldn't wait to get my make up off and get it on, but had quite a busy day. Anyway, got it on now....Will update, hopefully with good news!

Tizwailor Sat 18-Jul-15 14:37:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sonata1 Tue 21-Jul-15 10:05:14

So an update. I didn't take the Hylamide eye serum back but persevered. The stinging is definitely less/unoticeable now but I HAVE noticed that the under eye area is brighter. I still have the racoon circles but overall I would say that it works. I only use one drop in total for both eyes so although expensive to purchase it will last a long time.

Tizwailor Tue 21-Jul-15 13:56:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

duckwalk Sat 01-Aug-15 02:12:28

Been using morning and night for almost 2 weeks now. Haven't experienced any stinging but not noticed any results yet. Amazingly non-greasy on the face though, which is great! Hopefully when I next update I'll have some results smile

HectorAndKiki Mon 20-Feb-17 12:13:50

Can I ask if you use an eye moisturiser after using the eye serum ? Not really sure whether to or not and it doesn't seem to say anything about it on the website. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now