Talk

Advanced search

Boden autumn stock arrives Monday

(54 Posts)
pinkfrocks Sat 11-Jul-15 21:43:51

In case anyone cares.....

I hope there will be a code around as there are a couple of things I want to try and although have done a preview order and will likely exchange, some items from it are not in stock yet.

BikeRunSki Sat 11-Jul-15 21:54:45

Ooh smile

I love winter clothes, and am yearning for a new jacket for my autumn birthday.

midnightvelvetPart2 Sat 11-Jul-15 21:55:36

smile

BikeRunSki Sun 12-Jul-15 07:49:26

However, I am going to return my entire sale order, so I am not going to get too excited.

BlueEyedWonder Sun 12-Jul-15 08:22:52

Am I the only one who's a bit over Boden?
I haven't bought much from them at all this season. A pair of peeptoes in the sale and a couple of t-shirts.
There have been a couple of preview items I've seen I like: a spotty shirt for work, some leopard print shoes and an oversize black jumper. I no longer order from the preview after they bamboozled me with the change in payment arrangements.

MaryBerrysEyelashes Sun 12-Jul-15 08:25:30

What change

WipsGlitter Sun 12-Jul-15 08:29:09

If you preorder they "reserve" the money on your credit card thus reducing your available funds.

pinkfrocks Sun 12-Jul-15 08:39:04

I suppose to give them their dues, it's to help- I hope- with stock control and prevent people from ordering masses in a preview with no intention of ever keeping it- just shows a bit more commitment.

I buy very little Boden but the same applies to most brands surely?
Few things from Uniqlo, the odd top or cardi from white stuff, lots of nice tops etc from Jigsaws sales, some things from The White Company and Mint Velvet.
Very few people dress head to toe in one brand.

WipsGlitter Sun 12-Jul-15 08:49:49

I think buying loads of stuff for the winter in June or July is weird! But I agree it must be to do with stock control and people reserving loads of stuff then not buying it.

pinkfrocks Sun 12-Jul-15 09:54:03

It's the way of the fashion industry. By August all the major stores will have winter clothes in and by October a lot of the most popular things- like nice coats- will be sold out. Boden preview gives 20% off and you can exchange for up to 3 months at least. Boden is very hit and miss but what I've noticed is that when they hit on a winner, if flies off the shelves and that's it - gone.

TBH I'm bored with summer clothes by mid July and not going to buy anything else for the next 6-8 weeks of 'summer'.

midnightvelvetPart2 Sun 12-Jul-15 09:54:17

I thoroughly enjoyed swishing round in my Pandora skirt yesterday, I also really like the Fifties cardi smile I don't do top to toe though, I generally dilute the prints with other brands smile

MaryBerrysEyelashes Sun 12-Jul-15 09:56:16

agree with Pinks
last year I resolved only to get more white tops and some mid temp shoes rather than sandals

Wagglebee Sun 12-Jul-15 17:48:38

Summer clothes are shit disappointing. I'm glad the A/W stuff will be coming into stores and online soon. Much nicer.

honeylou42 Mon 13-Jul-15 09:32:58

Just had a look at the new collection, so disappointed it's so frumpy and the prints are horrendous sad

pinkfrocks Mon 13-Jul-15 09:52:47

Oh.
For once I thought there were 2 or 3 dresses worth trying in not too garish or bold prints.

dexter73 Mon 13-Jul-15 10:13:40

I like this jumper in yellow/grey but £79?? You are having a laugh!
I also like this shirt in the bike print so might order that when there is a code.

MaryBerrysEyelashes Mon 13-Jul-15 10:22:35

i have never had a boden dress or skirt to fit me, or trousers
I gave up

TheQueenOfSheba Mon 13-Jul-15 10:27:50

I loved their SS15 collection and bought loads. There are some nice things in AW15 also, although I live in the desert so not everything will be suitable for this climate.

I always find one or two things I absolutely fall in love with. This dress is gorgeous.

DawnRaid Mon 13-Jul-15 10:39:38

Definitely a few dresses I'd like for work there. And the pencil skirt looks nice.

Cant afford it now, though. It'll all be there with 20% off come late September, so will wait until then grin

MaryBerrysEyelashes Mon 13-Jul-15 11:26:06

the pencil skirts are really straight skirts
All flappy around the back.I want them TIGHT

DawnRaid Mon 13-Jul-15 11:59:03

Oh thats disappointing, MaryBerrysEyelashes

Scratch those from the list, then! grin

burnishedsilver Mon 13-Jul-15 12:27:12

What were they thinking with London bag? It's over £129 for a bag that looks like a car with a sad face and luggage on the roof. You'd have trouble giving them away for free.

Milllii Mon 13-Jul-15 12:31:47

Im another one who loves Autumn stock. So exciting.

pinkfrocks Mon 13-Jul-15 12:38:18

I'm struggling with the price of the Arianna trews- £89 for a polyester mix that look very much like the ponte skinny jegging things.

Their catalogue arrived today and it definitely has a different 'look' - less 'fun' and think they are going for a softer palette.

A couple of dresses are much more suited to summer- makes me cross that they bring out sleeveless cotton frocks when it's going to be wool coats and thermal undies I'll need. I do like the look of the cowl neck dress, the one linked to by Queen and the one with the tulips on it.

stripytees Mon 13-Jul-15 13:10:18

Their skirts and dresses are getting shorter every season. I'm only in my 30s but don't want to show that much leg at work! If I wanted a jersey mini skirt, I would get one from H&M for £3.99. What I want from Boden is something smart casual, work appropriate and timeless enough to wear for years.

I will probably be ordering some more skinny jeans, a top or two and possibly a dress to try. Does the catalogue have a discount code?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now